Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP Gangs Feedback/Discussion
Gang is enabled on RP with a low weight (same as conspiracy)
discuss!!!

Currently the only differences between RP gang and Classic gang are that RP gangs get more time to complete objectives, and longer times between objectives.
I'm still typing up some ideas and thoughts, but I want to get out there and say two things: that I think Gangs can be fun and great on RP, but that there's going to be some growing pains. It's probably going to require some rethinking on how fast and hard escalation should be on the much slower RP servers.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you. The RP servers might be a bit too used to slower stuff. We're a different kind of goofball.

My second thought for now is that its practically impossible to see whose in a gang and whose not. Maybe gang clothes should be something you have to wear/are forced to wear?
I think it will work with new systems

Conversely? 5 gangs is just too much without Admin super vision. the last one we had included kill laws being upload command being rushed to gang entire departments falling to gang no way to get gang members OUT or to clear out the areas and a general lot of escalation that was happening unevenly.

I am excited about this, I have seen it work, but its going to have growing pains. I THINK if the update gets merged it might make things go a bit more smoothly, but as is it can be very hectic if everyone isn't being cool about it./

that said, I have ALSO seen really cool rounds and the chaotic round was fun.

I do think the 60 minute auto call should be disabled on rp.
my thoughts are that gang should remain a classic-only gamemode.

its easy to for gangs to overrun the station with little limitation on who they're targeting. it becomes a teamfight gamemode with more than 2 teams and i'm not interested in seeing that consistently on RP in the same way i dont think nuclear or revs fits on RP.
Gangs in RP should be simply different from classic, just like the ling doesn't murder someone with their stings.

I recommend the following:
- 3 gangs MAX per round. (Depends on population start. There can also be a single gang if the population is too low thus it's gang vs sec)
- Each gang can only have 4 members max. (12 antags max, that's alot for RP but since they are also fighting eachother)
- Remove the "kidnapping and shoving someone into the base locker" objective. In RP this sounds fun.. but it's basicly everyone "assassinate this guy"
I recommend stealing the person's PDA insted or taking an organ for the black market, rather then the whole player. "THEY STOLE MY KIDNEY!"
- Allow more goofy antics to get points rather then murdering other gang members and crewmates. Do things like: "Knocking players down and dancing on them/dabbing or such" to give points. And yes only works on LIVING players. Imagine a gangmember having a dabbing lisence that doesn't give them headaches or have their heads fly off, but they can dab on people to get points.

Last but not least...
- Do not end the gang's round when the gang leader dies. Insted point freeze the gang, so the gang can still have their "LAST FIGHT AGAINST THE OTHER GANG"
It just seems in the RP spirit for a leaderless gang to have their last final battle if their leader is unclonable/borged/such.
(My own personal opinion): Honestly, gang has always seemed to work better on RP over classic to me. If anything, I feel like gangs on RP are almost too passive, in that I've not seen them do much. However, most the gang rounds I've seen so far have been fine, just a bit quiet. I imagine with a bit more tweaking, it'll likely make for a fun addition to RP.
I only play one round and I don't mind it. It seems everyone is having fun RP-ing. Maybe some disliked it, but someone said it before that goonRP is not used to "chaos" and afraid with taking stuff too far (even if they escalate for a very long time). I think some people should accept that things will go far and chaos is always there.

Though, I agree, the number of gangs are too many, but also I want like at least two gangs. Solving conflicts between two gangs as sec seems to open up more RP than sec vs gang.

I do have a problem with it, it is less fun for sec players. Though, this seems to be a problem on both RP and classic server.
(04-11-2023, 09:28 AM)Hauntmachine Wrote: (My own personal opinion): Honestly, gang has always seemed to work better on RP over classic to me. If anything, I feel like gangs on RP are almost too passive, in that I've not seen them do much. However, most the gang rounds I've seen so far have been fine, just a bit quiet. I imagine with a bit more tweaking, it'll likely make for a fun addition to RP.

you missed a fantastic round where 10 gang members teamed up against 5 sec and tried to charge us and kill us and take over the station.

Sadly only 3 of them had internals.
I feel gangs work on RP due to escalation rules, but I feel that there's not much incentive to actually harm each other or crew leading to them all acting up in the last 5 minutes of the round after stockpiling points. Also, I believe that the automatic shuttle call (which I'm sure will be changed) is far too early for RP where by minute 60 the announcement is usually how people find out there's gangs. Other than that I find that the gang rounds have been a lot of fun on RP.
After some thinking I think another fun activity the gangs should do is classic illegal contraband selling.

Not guns or weapons.. but things that addictive or banned. After all weed is technically contraband.
Now let's have more drugs in the game with addictive extras so your addiction becomes bigger but also increase purity.

Suddenly we have a scientist cooking triple meth to outdo the gangs meth yet never stumbling upon the missing ingridents cause they are "illegally obtained" like syndie donk pocket parts.
Am I the only one that finds it a little difficult to reconcile "You must act like you want to keep your job at NT" and "You have the option of joining a criminal organisation willingly and engaging in potentially violent criminal activity"? I mean, I try not to put my own character's integrity over the requirements of the round; I've played sleeper agent plenty enough times to where I'm more comfortable with ditching my moral compass and turning people into swiss cheese, but at least sleeper agent is randomly picked and I can justify it as me being brainwashed.

I dunno. I still join gangs and commit crime and try to help my team win (unless I need to go to sleep), but it's something that lurks in the back of my mind.
(04-12-2023, 05:35 PM)DisturbHerb Wrote: "You have the option of joining a criminal organisation willingly and engaging in potentially violent criminal activity"

[Image: Legitimate_businessman%27s_social_club.png]
Currently each gang has a member cap of 12. I've found often on RP one gang will dominate with a good theme and the other gang leaders will feel somewhat excluded. I personally think that a limit of somewhere between 4-7 members (not including leader) on RP would encourage the crew not to all join one gang. I think this should even the counts on average.
A 4 person limot would keep it much more interesting
Personally Id make gangs start with 3 people, and have kidnap adjectives add people to your team with a limit of 6 max (also remove the handing out papers things). Should make things much more interesting, though the price of gang gear should probably be decreased to compensate for the lower team sizes.