Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implement Spy-Theft mechanics with QM traders
Basically, have certain traders request random items (trinkets, limbs, extravagant chocolate gateaus, etc.) every new market shift. Offering prices should be pretty high in order to motivate bored quartermasters.

This would also add an interesting dynamic to actual Spy-Theft rounds.
I like this. It'd add a method of making money for shipping that isn't just hoping a miner graces you with valuable ores and hauling stuff from one area to another.
This could actually add some actual job-related activities to a good number of roles, especially if you include the "____'s (organ, limb, ID card)" bits. Getting those parts within a shift, without being a traitor? "Hey MD we need to "Acquire" one of the Janitor's lungs, can you help?"
The items should be the same as the spy bounties during spy thief rounds, to allow the Spies to have some sort of alibi
This is a great idea.
(08-19-2017, 03:52 PM)pizzatiger Wrote: The items should be the same as the spy bounties during spy thief rounds, to allow the Spies to have some sort of alibi

i thought of that when i saw this idea but decided not to mention it because then people could just guard the qm consoles, then kill anyone who tries to get the items which they now know of.

people could camp the items and kill anyone other than qm's who try to get it, i mean
You could make it a App on the pda where the item is told to people on their pda and give Qm the ability to split the bounty with someone
someone was plotting some kind of traders qm rework a few months back. i even drew lots of nice little portraits frown
Something like this could also be given to miscreants and staff assistants since they're known to be thieving jackasses.
I love this idea
I feel like this might be seen as a reason to commit traitorous acts like chopping off an arm when you are not a traitor. If this was done it should be limited to items not vital to the station, which just brings it to how it currently is.
(08-21-2017, 08:29 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I feel like this might be seen as a reason to commit traitorous acts like chopping off an arm when you are not a traitor. If this was done it should be limited to items not vital to the station, which just brings it to how it currently is.

Mm, that's true. There are some people that love to take anything they can get, and toe the line with their behavior whenever possible. Maybe just swap crew limbs for monkey limbs? Now, instead of Random Player's left leg, you're gonna have to get Mr. Rathen's (which, actually, might be more difficult). What other items do you think there would be an issue with stealing/selling?