Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Medical Director starts with a weapon permit.
IT SEEMS KIND OF WEIRD THAT I CAN'T USE MY STANDARD SYRINGE GUN WITHOUT GETTING HARNER OR BEEPSKY TO HATE ME!
either wait for harner to walk past at shift start or grab your tranq immediately. but yeah MD really should have a weapon permit. I've had multiple instances where I've been standing on top of beepsky when I try to take down a traitor and immediately get some justice and then stabbed
MD getting arrested for waving around their gun is hilarious though
Don't forget the bartender. They still get arrested for using their shotgun.
Maybe there should be a second level of weapon permit, the Self-Defense Permit. It allows the bearer to possess less-than-lethal weapons like the taser or riot shotgun in sight of Harner or Beepsky without getting cuffed.
(07-10-2017, 11:00 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Maybe there should be a second level of weapon permit, the Self-Defense Permit. It allows the bearer to possess less-than-lethal weapons like the taser or riot shotgun in sight of Harner or Beepsky without getting cuffed.

Add a third option to security PDA's citation app for "Permits".

On approval by HOS or Captain, anyone marked for a Permit is licensed to handle minimal contraband but any officer can see who has an active permit.

Maybe a third column could be added for notes. For instance if Captain wants someone to conform to searches after they've gotten said permit, or if the only weapon they're legally allowed to carry is biceps.

A permit could be a good way to arm the crew without giving them captain/sec access.
(07-10-2017, 08:30 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: either wait for harner to walk past at shift start or grab your tranq immediately. but yeah MD really should have a weapon permit. I've had multiple instances where I've been standing on top of beepsky when I try to take down a traitor and immediately get some justice and then stabbed
Watching a new MDir getting arrested in their office by Ol' Harner has brought me great joy in many a round. His patrol route takes him to the MDir's office at just the right time on Cog1. It's like clockwork.
(07-10-2017, 08:35 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: MD getting arrested for waving around their gun is hilarious though

It's less funny when you're getting arrested for shooting at Nuke Ops.

Not shitting you, this happened at least twice now, both times as MD, and the most recent one resulted in death cause I was in crit when it happened.
No but there should be a way for sec to grant permits
(07-11-2017, 09:22 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 08:30 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: either wait for harner to walk past at shift start or grab your tranq immediately. but yeah MD really should have a weapon permit. I've had multiple instances where I've been standing on top of beepsky when I try to take down a traitor and immediately get some justice and then stabbed
Watching a new MDir getting arrested in their office by Ol' Harner has brought me great joy in many a round. His patrol route takes him to the MDir's office at just the right time on Cog1. It's like clockwork.

Once, I saw a traitorous MD sit in their office loading themselves down with micro bombs, whilst I looked diligently on from across the corridor. They grabbed their tranq rifle and stepped out of their office, confident in their ability to take on all comers.

They were immediately arrested by harner, attempted to suicide, and none of the microbombs went off.

10/10 never remove this.
It still seems crazy to me that this is intended... there's no other job-specific gear that will get you arrested by default. If it's so funny to see this stuff happen, then we should look at taking away permission for the captain's e-gun, the detective's .38 and the CE's RCD, if "well it's funny so let's keep it" is our operating premise.
I think it makes sense, flavor-wise.
The barman and the RD aren't crewmen who've been given weapons as part of their authority- barman's got a shotty under the ledge for stickups, and the RD's got this wackjob needleyshoot he's ostensibly cooked up while bored in the lab. It's not like the other jobs where you've got NT-issued equipment- it's v.much at your own perils, imho.
(07-22-2017, 01:21 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I think it makes sense, flavor-wise.
The barman and the RD aren't crewmen who've been given weapons as part of their authority- barman's got a shotty under the ledge for stickups, and the RD's got this wackjob needleyshoot he's ostensibly cooked up while bored in the lab. It's not like the other jobs where you've got NT-issued equipment- it's v.much at your own perils, imho.

MD, not RD.

The Tranq Rifle is supposed to be homemade?  It looks pretty professional, I never would've guessed. I thought it was supposed to be there for taking down stun-immune and gene-powered-up traitors.
(07-22-2017, 01:21 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I think it makes sense, flavor-wise.
I would say that having them marked as contraband is a way to prevent shitlers from running amok with the weapons. I would like to see more people use the medical director as more than a doctor with a gun.