Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tame the Emag, Buff the Agent Card
Huh... I thought the emagged defib was just a poor-man's stun baton.
(02-19-2017, 11:15 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 10:49 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: What's the most dangerous thing an emag can do? 

Clearly you have never seen how deadly an emagged defibrillator can be. Severe burn damage, stuns for slightly longer than it take for the defib to recharge, and a small chance of instant cardiac arrest.
It's the first thing I recommend to wraiths.

Still not nearly as dangerous as a chem nerd + emagged hypo or as horrifying as dozens of whacked out bots. You haven't died proper until you've been gibbed by boogie bumps.

I'm only askin' because I wanna know what's so bad about the emag. It's pretty expensive and takes some doin' to be lethal. It's effects are obvious and pretty predictable. I certainly don't consider it a must buy.
It's the ultimate mischief ticket. While, yeah, you can use it to make previously harmless things deadly, it's main strength comes from the sheer mayhem it can cause. Break every door and locker on the station, turn firebots into rolling gravitons, lockdown the station with a roving band of rogue Beepskies, send the borgs on a rumpus to end all rumpuses, that sort of thing.

Most of which is also doable without an emag, and in some cases easier and more effective. That band of Beepskies will haul your ass in half way through emagging their precinct, whereas an EMP grenade'll send entire crates of the little guys nuts, and fiddling with the security records'll get them to arrest everyone *but* you. You can turn that rumpus into a full-blown uprising with a well-written law, one that's more likely to work with you than make all your blood fall out.

Huh. I guess it is mainly for traitors without a plan and rampaging chemnerds who want more precision than a pen.