Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some blood-based item suggestions
I didn't really get interested in these kinds of ideas until Dions was doing her whole 'replace blood with saline-glucose' science. It's certainly neat once you start to think about it. 'Improved' blood could have a has a huge number of possible benefits and downsides.
give me nanomachine blood or give me death

if you get emped you start getting brain damage (blood can't get that sweet sweet oxygen to your brain), heart issues or various other malaise
(09-16-2016, 05:06 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: give me nanomachine blood or give me death

if you get emped you start getting brain damage (blood can't get that sweet sweet oxygen to your brain), heart issues or various other malaise

Better idea: Make nanomachines actual blood replacement. If you get EMPed with enough in your blood, you start to turn into a robot.
(03-09-2016, 03:01 AM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: [...all this other stuff...]
Bleeding Artifact (artifact effect)
Tiny size. Reduces bleeding while it is in your inventory.

Actually, I'm rather late to this, but I actually like the idea of some tiny artifacts having a STALKER-esque purpose to reduce, or even amplify, certain damage/life stats like stamina, stuns, radiation, bleeding, and cold/heat. You'd also become a giant target for muggings if people figured out you had a buff artifact. More variety than cells and seeds, imo.
(09-17-2016, 01:01 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 03:01 AM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: [...all this other stuff...]
Bleeding Artifact (artifact effect)
Tiny size. Reduces bleeding while it is in your inventory.

Actually, I'm rather late to this, but I actually like the idea of some tiny artifacts having a STALKER-esque purpose to reduce, or even amplify, certain damage/life stats like stamina, stuns, radiation, bleeding, and cold/heat. You'd also become a giant target for muggings if people figured out you had a buff artifact. More variety than cells and seeds, imo.

Messages to clue you in on what they did would be things like "you feel warmer", "you feel colder", "You feel more flammable", "your skin feels thicker/thinner", "you feel stronger/weaker"
I thought about this thread and decided to rise it from it's grave. (has it really been a year? Holy shit)
(03-09-2016, 06:00 PM)Scrumpys Wrote: I like these ideas, but i think nanoblood should be available to regular crew.  Perhaps from the derelict shop or as a secret chem?

Make them a secret chem, and make a few nanoblood bags part of the Research Shipment Crates loot pool.

Or create new Medical Shipment Crates that can contain them, with other stuff available. It could also take those medicine that you get in the military shipment crates.
(11-23-2017, 08:30 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Make them a secret chem, and make a few nanoblood bags part of the Research Shipment Crates loot pool.

Or create new Medical Shipment Crates that can contain them, with other stuff available. It could also take those medicine that you get in the military shipment crates.

DOES EVERY FUN CHEM HAVE TO BE A SECRET?
(11-23-2017, 08:32 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 08:30 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Make them a secret chem, and make a few nanoblood bags part of the Research Shipment Crates loot pool.

DOES EVERY FUN CHEM HAVE TO BE A SECRET?

please god no