Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Char into Charcoal
In chemistry it's sometimes a pain to get ash for charcoal, especially when you want to be in character and not just lighting shit on fire. I thought that, through some extraction, heating, and chemical reactions, one could get charcoal from char, as long as mining is somewhat competent. The quality of the char will determine the general amount of charcoal you will end up with, as well.

What do you guys think?
I think this would be a nice change. Charcoal can't do a -whole- lot of hellpoison deathchem shit as I regard it (and also, the turbonerd argument is incredibly tired by this point) so I think it'd be a pretty unilaterally positive change. Besides, it does still rely on space exploration or mining

I myself am not a big fan of fucking with paper and the sorta finicky heating system
Just a reminder, but you can already get charcoal from venne (which is very easy to breed and increase potency). So as long as botany is "somewhat competent", or if the HoP gives you access, you'll never run out.
a way to turn wood planks into charcoal might be kool, because the processing of wood is a major historical source of charcoal. there are also various other processes for turning sugar, coconut shell, etc into charcoal.

but flourish is right, we shouldnt rob botany of functions like that
Remember, you can put paper in a beaker and heat it for ash.
Also, it'd be more difficult to get charcoal from char, as you'd need to chemically process it. You would usually use this option if botany was growing weed, has blown up, or horrible plant monsters killed them all.