Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Pop=Hard Mode
It would be fantastic if hard mode traitor would automatically get added to Secret whenever there were fewer than 20 players at round start. Cog2 is huge and it's very easy to catch people alone. While I have nothing against rampages in principle, it gets a little boring when every low pop round is a straight up cloaker/wizard/changeling massacre. Rolling in hard mode traitor on lowpop would cut down at least a little bit on the number of rounds where an invincible superman picks off the isolated crew members with abilities designed to wreak havoc on a crew twice the size.

For clarification I'm not saying it should replace the other antag roles, just that it should be included in the antag assignment process during low pop rounds. And if you're unfamiliar with the terminology, a hard mode traitor is one who spawns without an uplink.
most antag rounds are straight up cloaker/wizard/changeling/traitor massacres due to how uncaring and complacent people are
So, the idea would be to have traitors be slightly depowered? That's good, but doesn't really deal with the other antags like changeling and wizard that tend to wreak havoc on low pop. I like the fact that it forces traitors to put some thought into what they're doing rather than spawning gear and going on a rampage.
Honestly, I would just like to see hard mode traitors as a thing in normal play. Maybe increase the traitor count a bit to compensate.

Alternatively, they could all of the same goal that they try to do together (without knowing their own identities).
The idea sounds good. Gives the crew a better chance and gets a few minutes into the round before anyone gets killed probably.
Im all for hard mode traitor! The most effective murder devices are player crafted, or a mix of this and that + whatever is laying around.
(09-19-2016, 09:33 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: The idea sounds good. Gives the crew a better chance and gets a few minutes into the round before anyone gets killed probably.
Im all for hard mode traitor! The most effective murder devices are player crafted, or a mix of this and that + whatever is laying around.

Most effective *and* most entertaining! Getting catapulted into the PTL, being vaporised by a door, or finding that the entire station is suddenly a trillion degrees is a lot more fun than falling down a flight of Spackers and csabers.
I like this idea. Mostly cause I've learned to rampage with no traitor items long ago. All I need is a fire extinguisher.
(09-19-2016, 09:54 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 09:33 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: The idea sounds good. Gives the crew a better chance and gets a few minutes into the round before anyone gets killed probably.

Most effective *and* most entertaining! Getting catapulted into the PTL, being vaporised by a door, or finding that the entire station is suddenly a trillion degrees is a lot more fun than falling down a flight of Spackers and csabers.

agreed wholeheartedly