Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove the ability for blobs to spawn offstation
(09-17-2016, 08:27 AM)Roomba Wrote: That is even worse than a blob straight up expanding into space, holy shit.

Yep, pretty much!

(09-17-2016, 12:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: fun fact: blobs can easily grow fast enough that pod plasma cutters can't make any progress whatsoever, even without using reflective membranes

i've had a nucleus behind like two tiles of blob and the fucking cutters could not make a dent because they werent shooting fast enough/doing enough damage. i never want to have to do that again.
(09-17-2016, 12:50 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Really? I remember a blob round I had with a Borg in a pod that was the bane of my life. That was with pod phasers though, and the Borg kept hopping out to whack my reflective membranes. Maybe that's just me though. I'd really like to see a gamemode that makes more use of pods.

Shotguns are the best pod weapon to use against blobs, besides the artillery system of course.

They can't be reflected, they can't be nullified by heat resistance, they can go through windows, and they deal enough damage to overcome thick membranes.
Pods can be devestating tools in dealing with blobs. I won't spoil it by revealing how and having it run into the ground. Let's just say I once watched single remove a blob infestation from an entire department within seconds.

Back to the topic discussion. It's just lame. Don't do it. Don't be lame.

And if we don't want to stop people from doing it, at least only count blob tiles built on station toward their objective.