Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings and borgs
Sorry if this has been suggested before but I have something simple to suggest. I think if a changeling tries to stealth sting a cyborg, it should bounce off, and I mean audibly bounce off and make a message that anyone nearby can hear e.g. "you hear the sound of something hard bouncing off metal" however it shouldn't activate the abilities cooldown, as you aren't actually using the stored neurotoxin. This would make a good steath borg all the more efficient, and will cause people to actually pay attention to who they sting.
(06-13-2016, 09:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Sorry if this has been suggested before but I have something simple to suggest. I think if a changeling tries to stealth sting a cyborg, it should bounce off, and I mean audibly bounce off and make a message that anyone nearby can hear e.g. "you hear the sound of something hard bouncing off metal" however it shouldn't activate the abilities cooldown, as you aren't actually using the stored neurotoxin. This would make a good steath borg all the more efficient, and will cause people to actually pay attention to who they sting.

Stealth borg? What?

I have never seen this happen.
(06-14-2016, 07:33 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 09:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: -snip-

Stealth borg? What?

I believe he means borgs with human names and clothing that covers the body.
(06-14-2016, 07:45 AM)robertmanbob Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 07:33 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 09:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: -snip-

Stealth borg? What?

I believe he means borgs with human names and clothing that covers the body.

Oh!
Bring back replicants
(06-14-2016, 08:22 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Bring back replicants

Replicants were cool, robotics make their own little humans and not just stuck to borgs.
the changeling's sting, being painless, invisible and quick, probably wouldnt make a loud sound. a quiet scrape sound at best
I agree with a quiet scraping sound that leaves no message except for the changeling. 

also bring back replicants.
From what I know about replicants, they are borgs that look human but can change modules all the time, which seems quite overpowered. If anything I suggest just the adding of synthflesh borgs, being, splash synthflesh on a robot frame but it's still just a borg, but looks human.
That was how they worked before. I don't remember them being able to change modules, though they could change appearance a bit (they always looked like a bald human though)

I agree with a scraping sound, like when you punch a borg