Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wizard Revamp 3.0, now with Video
Lightbulb 
Sorry for potato quality, my computer is toaster:

This video contains a basic summary of the idea!

Basically, the idea is to move away from long wizard cooldowns and push toward a mixture of cooldowns and relying on the mana bar!

Post thoughts/concerns/suggestions here!
The change to a mana pool is certainly better than the current cooldown system. That being said, there will need to be a lot of spell tweaking in terms of mana cost and effects to make it work. (For example, I rather think Fireball may be best at 50 vs 70... this allows the wizard to fire twice and commit to the battle or fire once and to use another spell an an attempt to escape.)
Please, revamp the wizard, It's completely brokenly OP if the person using it has any small idea of what they're doing.
I'm all for this. Moreso if Wizards can drink (and maybe brew) mogwart tea to give themselves increased mana regen (it might not serve any real purpose with this system as it only reduces cooldowns right now)
(03-11-2016, 01:09 AM)Grifflez Wrote: I'm all for this. Moreso if Wizards can drink (and maybe brew) mogwart tea to give themselves increased mana regen (it might not serve any real purpose with this system as it only reduces cooldowns right now)
Actually it heals wizards too. Like Omnizine lite.
For added hilarity, make the wizard able to restore his mana pool by gathering up loose trading cards.
new wizard spell: turns tree in owlery into a strong angry ent. ok thank u
(03-25-2016, 04:55 PM)misto Wrote: new wizard spell: turns tree in owlery into a strong angry ent. ok thank u

Or a wizard spell that sends a flock (or parliament) of owls to mangle an unlucky staff assistants face.

Or add both!