Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Cyborg Radio Frequencies Based on Module
Pretty simple, while working as a Medi-Bot, it'd be nice to be able to communicate with the rest of the medical staff, assuming they haven't already been murdered or aren't bolted down to the seats in Genetics. Could also be a good way for the crew to keep tabs on what the bots are doing, or delegate simple tasks to them. Really, any communication with our synthetic crewmembers that isn't yelling "HEY BOT" in the hallway would be a welcome step up.
it would be cool for borgs to be able to talk to their departments, but don't remove their silicon channel.
I like this, yes.
The only frequencies anyone actually uses are the security channel and the "who fucked up the engine" channel.
Paineframe Wrote:The only frequencies anyone actually uses are the security channel and the "who fucked up the engine" channel.

I donno, when I am mining or QM I like to communicate with my counterparts over engineering. Like Mining to QM "QM, what ores are currently on demand," ect.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:The only frequencies anyone actually uses are the security channel and the "who fucked up the engine" channel.

I donno, when I am mining or QM I like to communicate with my counterparts over engineering. Like Mining to QM "QM, what ores are currently on demand," ect.

I use them all. They are very useful for in department things like reporting poisons to other medics, getting mining to ship over minerals to mechanics, coordinating SCIENCE!! and getting botany to do more than smoke their own weed all shift.

With that said, I'm okay with them having job related channels. It certainly makes sense. I personally prefer them not having em' since I can coordinate through those channels when the AI eventually turns communist, but that's a meta reason. Actually, I guess you could say I'm on the fence.