Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Comp Tweak
Finding all of the individual links and toggling them takes effort, so making custom jobs can be a pain for the HoP. If it's possible, I'd like the capability to add the accesses of multiple jobs together. That way I could more easily add together a chaplain and a botanist to make a High Priest or a chef and a mechanic to make McDonalds. That fucking bird
Another aspect that would be nice is dividing access up into headers, with a misc header for anything not under a department like maintenance.
The names really need looking at, they're kinda dreadful right now.
For some reason you can't add access to the clown job. Why?
Frank_Stein Wrote:Another aspect that would be nice is dividing access up into headers, with a misc header for anything not under a department like maintenance.
Yes holy shit. When you're giving specific access levels, crawling through the hideously unoptimized (and sometimes even blatantly misnamed) location names to try and figure out which one corresponds to the access level is an absolute pain in the ass.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Another aspect that would be nice is dividing access up into headers, with a misc header for anything not under a department like maintenance.

Please do this, I can echo what Bane said: it's the fuckin worst trying to scan through the paragraph of access levels to find two related ones.

Ed Venture Wrote:For some reason you can't add access to the clown job. Why?

IIRC this was explained by the clown's ID being a chips ahoy wrapper rather than an actual ID. If you mean that giving a normal ID the "clown" job stops you from adding additional access, just make a custom title "clown" instead.
Make it easier to link up new IDs with a bank account.
Walrus Wrote:

Please do this, I can echo what Bane said: it's the fuckin worst trying to scan through the paragraph of access levels to find two related ones.

Ed Venture Wrote:For some reason you can't add access to the clown job. Why?

IIRC this was explained by the clown's ID being a chips ahoy wrapper rather than an actual ID. If you mean that giving a normal ID the "clown" job stops you from adding additional access, just make a custom title "clown" instead.

Yeah I take a person's ID make them a clown. go to add access and can't instead I have to waste my time giving them all access and then take away the access a clown should not have. It's a waste of time. Only the clown slot does this too it makes no sense
Also how come whenever you make someone a security officer they don't have access to med bay like other officers?
Walrus Wrote:

I've heard suggestions like these for a long, long time.
until this gets fixed: i haven't checked for goon but ctrl + f should work
not really related but i think it'd be neat if you could use the id computer to change what your id looks like. gold, clown, red, purple, blue, etc
this idea comes up around twice a year and I'm always gonna be here to ask why it hasn't been done yet
I've changed the ID computer somewhat, with some of the suggestions from this thread.
I could make a mock-up design of an organized UI for the ID comp, with columns based on areas the jobs work in, if it would help.