Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf Tank Transfer Valve Pies
I just saw someone use this trick to carry more than two bombs in a pod and conceal bombs in pies hidden in grills, and systematically explode everyone on the shuttle at the last second. It's a cheese tactic I've seen before, sadly, so I was less impressed and more unhappy that it's becoming a trend. I applaud the creativity but it should not be that easy to carry 11 x 11 bombs around, they were made too big for backpacks for a very good reason. (Because people would walk around with a suicide bomb in their backpack IIRC, somewhat unrelated but this opens up the possibility again which is Very Bad.)
Just make the bomb explode comedically in the oven when you try to cook it. Also if you do this don't add it to the changelog.
Yeah, I've noticed that people are using bomb pies more and more. Pies are meant only to explode your taste buds, not the station.
tjtr Wrote:Pies are meant only to explode your taste buds, not the station.
[Image: picard-laugh.jpg?w=650]

No but in all seriousness Medbay recently had 4 hit it, They're so hard to detect as you can basically fit them in anything and anywhere not to mention the amount of damage they cause (being a tank transfer valve)

You could even mail them if you wanted to.

Only making it possible to bake single tank bombs would be better.
I now have an image in my head of an oversized pie sprite which, when exploded, does somewhat reduced damage but also flings cream into the faces of everyone in the blast area....
the real solution here is to un-nerf tank transfer valves
Another option would be to make bomb pies explode into pies instead of explosions, like cheese smoke.
What if pies were able to take on the size of the object baked into them? Bulky items make bulky pies, tiny items make tiny pies, etc. Allows you to still eat a bomb pie if you so please, but prevents them from being stuffed in backpacks. I have no clue if this is even viable to be implemented, though.
Velisan Wrote:What if pies were able to take on the size of the object baked into them? Bulky items make bulky pies, tiny items make tiny pies, etc. Allows you to still eat a bomb pie if you so please, but prevents them from being stuffed in backpacks. I have no clue if this is even viable to be implemented, though.
This is exactly the change I implemented for them.
TTV pies shouldn't work, but feel free to report instances of them you see after this post.
Also pie tins are made of tin, so remote signaller signals should be blocked.

Pie crusts may also be made of tin. Damn chef.