Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add sorting/tags/voting to ideas & suggestions
It seems a little primative to have all these great ideas to be in one big list that very occasionally gets an idea picked out from and put in good or bad ideas. Why not have all ideas sorted with tags based on station department or game mechanic type? And then voted on somehow? That way, good ideas would get lost less and bad ideas wouldn't be voted on.
I know there are systems out there that get used and ive seen them before, why doesnt goon use those?
I would not be opposed to this, although I think there are some logistical problems involved.

I'll see what we can do about it.
And you should win prizes for voting!

In seriousness, ya, I think maybe some extra categorizing would be nice.

Though the true issue comes down to how to properly categorize without causing confusion among certain things.

"Job Related" could cover things like the borg research and new equipment for sec.

"Antag Related" could cover things like new antag ideas and suggestions related to antag items.

"Mechanics Related" could involve things like the bleed system and depletion rates of chems.

"Miscellaneous" could cover the everything else, like putting stuff in corpses and buffing radweed.

Though I guess an issue with that is that there's a bit of a gray area with "Miscellaneous" and "Mechanics Related", as buffing radweed could be considered a mechanical suggestion.
well metaphorically speaking, it should be a library of ideas rather than solely a stream of ideas that float by and get picked up if they are relevant for the time. everything else that wasn't relevant originally but might be now gets washed downstream and into the sea.
Would there be a way to set up a google doc spreadsheet or something similar and just sticky a link to it? I gave it a try but I'm not technical-minded enough to add a macro for votes on google docs. I'm just thinking that could be simpler than fiddling around with the forums system here.