Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning Pod Issue
Sometimes the cloner will stop cloning the person in it. Worse than that, it makes it impossible to eject them.

This was witnessed on LLJK1, I was trying to clone C. Silvercloud after they died on the meatstation z-level, they were pre-scanned. The cloner stopped at 97% and wouldn't clone any further than that. I tried three times to blow the cloning pod up and all three attempts failed, but they were weak, welding fuel pipe bombs.
Ever since that new stupid feature was added to the cloner we been having quite a few issues with the damn thing.

Problem number one.
When the new mode is enabled on the cloner pod (I forgot what its called) It does as advertised and pisses people off that they take forever to clone, this isn't the bug.
The bug is that, on the description of it. It does not mention that the cloner will consume 4 TIMES MORE BIOMASS also. This is a massive problem since it keeps on using ALL THE BIOMASS (300% - 400%) of it

Problem number two.
This has happened as far as I can tell on LLJK1, When someone is in a normal or extended cloning cycle they get stuck on 97% finished. Then the cloner will drain ALL THE BIOMASS ruthlessly down to 0%. Putting in more biomass will just drain it again, over and over. Completely stuck with a unfinished clone no matter how much biomass you feed the machine. Even if you put in 100% it just drains it.

I haven't on LLJK4 in awhile so it could be a fault with the amount of time a round has been going on. Since if I recall correctly bug two has happened on LLJK1 past the 300 min mark, but I am not 100% sure thats the cause.
This is currently being looked into.

EDIT: The cloner update did not slow the cloner down by default. It will speed it up when the setting is disabled, otherwise it runs at normal speed.

UPDATE: Found root cause. Now testing fix.
Fixed.