Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headspiders Are Picky Eaters
Problem: Headspider does not function as intended. When certain people are prone or unconscious or in crit or whatever it is, the headspider will make a token effort of doing its job, and then decide it's not hungry enough and just sit on the victim until they wake up, only going aggro again if someone pokes it with something that isn't sufficiently lethal.

Evidence:

Rolled changeling on a round. Got into a fight with an RD who, for some awful reason, had hunting rifle ammo on him. It resulted in me getting shitloads of brute damage and being unable to heal, so I died. The headspider rushed to crawl down the unconscious man's throat, and I thought, "HEY! Take that, yay!" Then five minutes passed. I watched him fumble around drunkenly from the neurotoxin, completely unchanged. Ten. He found my headspider. Fifteen. The shuttle was incoming, and nope, he was still him.

My headspider just stood there like a dope next to my corpse, and was there when the shuttle left.

http://imgur.com/MRH4Jaz

look at that fukken headspider, being useless
Headspiders have been buggy and neglected forever. Why are they even a thing anyway?
Ali0en Wrote:Headspiders have been buggy and neglected forever. Why are they even a thing anyway?

Exactly. If they don't even work when they're supposed to, I'd prefer they were fixed or removed entirely.

The last time I saw this work, the headspider was in a hallway doing nothing. People nudged it around and it ignored them. And then I used a .38 to shoot it, and it TELEPORTED across the screen and grabbed me, and I was taken over shortly after. So it worked, but only because someone had to actively try to destroy it, which isn't really optimal for something that can die in a single laser shot.
Ali0en Wrote:Headspiders have been buggy and neglected forever. Why are they even a thing anyway?

because they are cool in theory, wish they would work. smile
Had something like this happen a week or two ago. There was a headspider in the bar that just sat there on top of what I presume was a ling body. People started hitting it with things and killed it. However, as broken as they are they still sorta work. During December I, as a ghost, watched a ling Santa die, and the first person who walked by the corpse was headspidered like how you would expect to happen.
Just to add onto head spiders in general as a ling if you die in a pod the head spider spawns outside of the pod rendering it useless rather then staying in the pod and popping out when the driver exits.
Why not just let the person playing as the ling play as the headspider confused
thehman03 Wrote:Why not just let the person playing as the ling play as the headspider confused
If I had to take a guess, it's because the headspiders are mobs.
And from what I've heard, player-to-mob controls are shit and the code for it is -spooky-.