Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology beakers running away
Beakers randomly disintegrating in the manipulator is fun.
I was doing the DNA tester, hit clear, then Load/Save and suddenly all of my beakers with pathogen were gone from their slots.
Happened once before during a different exercise of the manipulator but don't remember the steps.
That's odd. If you could get some exact reproduction steps the next time this happens it'd help a lot.
So after all those other broken pathology things I found more.

After splicing my parasites refused to grow more of themselves. I had the correct medium and nutrients, they were growing before, but after splicing and introducing them into a new petri dish with medium they wouldn't grow anymore.
Scratch that, they've stopped growing at all. I had an untouched pathogen, threw it in a beaker and it just never grew, again correct shit. I don't know if you changed something before you got off or what, but it's fucked up.
Now I have some virii that are growing just fine. I don't understand this shenanigans.
Also I put in a vial of pathogen into the manipulator and it said that it existed only artificially and had to be spliced before it could leave the manipulator and had the code 00000000000000 (give or take some 0's). So I tried to load it up to be spliced and it just poofed away like so many things have so far.

More things for you to fix yaaaaay
cgrn10 Wrote:Scratch that, they've stopped growing at all. I had an untouched pathogen, threw it in a beaker and it just never grew, again correct shit. I don't know if you changed something before you got off or what, but it's fucked up.

The next time this happens, please verify under a microscope that the petri dish is not 'dirty'.
I think i know what is wrong.

It seems pathogens are connected together so when you fail a splice it destroys all the data leaving only a ghost of it. This means it loses it's ablity to grow in the petri-dish (because the microbody is needed for the medium to work) and when you try to load it's dna into the maniuplator that also breaks it because there is no "real" dna to read.

All this i am pulling out of my ass but i think it holds up as a theory
It seems the pathogen code is now working but if you mess up the splice too many time it starts deleting the pathogens when you load them
pizzatiger Wrote:It seems the pathogen code is now working but if you mess up the splice too many time it starts deleting the pathogens when you load them

We talked about this in round where it would load up the pathogen for splicing from every known part of the universe. Guess he didn't fix that part yet.
Also the computer still kills itself off when splicing, but it gave me the beaker back!