Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-add gang and conspiracy to secret
Berrik Wrote:Gang is shit because it just has everyone in the gangs beat the fuck out of everyone who's not in the gangs, regardless of what the actual rules for gang are supposed to be.

Gang versus gang? It's Murder Town, Outer Space, and we're all next. Against the likes of a couple of changelings, wizards, or bonafides traitors? Given the rules that gangs abide by currently, strutting down to the locker and getting your swag is painting a huge "I AM A DORKUS VIGILANTE, PLEASE TREAT ME WITH GREATER DISCRETION DUE TO MY GARISH OUTFIT" that invites both (ugh) the vigilantes to be rule-abiding jerks and the antagonists proper with a crew wearing KICK ME signs.

Even if they fight for the better of the station, that isn't enough for Security to crack down on their shit! v
Berrik Wrote:Gang is shit because it just has everyone in the gangs beat the fuck out of everyone who's not in the gangs, regardless of what the actual rules for gang are supposed to be.
Which is kinda why I think the idea of treating gangs as a miscreant plus or a special random role during other traitor rounds is a good one. They could easily end up being the unlikely heroes of the day as they can random jerks who steal your shoes. And what better way to help protect yourself from the rough streets of the station than having a posse of friends to

Speaking of ways to make it better, can we change how joining gangs work? I think at the round start, the leader should get a prompt for what they want the gang to be called, and some boxes with different articles of clothes. Once they've picked a name and outfit, they should have some kind of ability to initiate people into the gang where they get to pick who they want if the other person agrees to it. Like the Wizards Cluwne spell, if the target gets a little prompt allowing the change to happen. The gear lockers that anyone could use ended up with one gang usually winning because it was overwhelmingly chosen.

Honestly, the fact that anyone could join a gang is probably what made gang mode turn into a murderthon despite the rules.
Plus, in the context of these gangs being...gangs, it doesn't make a whoooole lot of sense for people to be able to join a gang without the gang leader's consent, or even possibly their knowledge, and some manner of regulating who is able to get into a gang should be in place. It would also help the balance issues that Frank_Stein went over: Plop your locker in Research and suddenly you have bombing teams that would make the syndies quake in their boots.