Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Beret Bug
While trying to preform Cpr on someone wearing the Beret or or doing cpr while wearing it, it will treat the beret like it's a mask and forces you to take it off to do cpr

Really annoying bug to deal with and would be appreciated if fixed
This happens with several hats; I know the Chef hat acts this way.
I like to imagine those hats have little chin straps that keep them from doing CPR or changelings eating them but yeah this is an old bug. Dunno if it's on purpose?
I like to imagine those hats have little chin straps that keep them from doing CPR or changelings eating them but yeah this is an old bug. Dunno if it's on purpose?
On a more personal, OCD note, CPR shouldn't require taking off a mask or hat, sure its what you're supposed to do to help enable breathing, but CPR itself is primarily chest compressions, especially since its been shown that doing only chest compressions is actually more effective than stopping to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation... And I'd doubt that nanotrasen personal know this fact or know that at all for the matter. However, I understand its a game mechanic and its used to prevent CPR from just being a way to replace oxygen indefinitely.
Sam Guivene Wrote:On a more personal, OCD note, CPR shouldn't require taking off a mask or hat, sure its what you're supposed to do to help enable breathing, but CPR itself is primarily chest compressions, especially since its been shown that doing only chest compressions is actually more effective than stopping to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation... And I'd doubt that nanotrasen personal know this fact or know that at all for the matter. However, I understand its a game mechanic and its used to prevent CPR from just being a way to replace oxygen indefinitely.

Meanwhile self CPRing in vacuum remains a valid tactic for short to midterm survival.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
Sam Guivene Wrote:On a more personal, OCD note, CPR shouldn't require taking off a mask or hat, sure its what you're supposed to do to help enable breathing, but CPR itself is primarily chest compressions, especially since its been shown that doing only chest compressions is actually more effective than stopping to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation... And I'd doubt that nanotrasen personal know this fact or know that at all for the matter. However, I understand its a game mechanic and its used to prevent CPR from just being a way to replace oxygen indefinitely.

Meanwhile self CPRing in vacuum remains a valid tactic for short to midterm survival.
Shhhhhhhh don't tell everyone the secret survival tactics.