Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling Acid Thingy
This may or may not have been in that game before, I don't know? This is basically an idea to make security not complete chumps compared to the ling in a fight. Can we make it so that one spit from the ling doesn't knock down anyone wearing a helmet or swat helmet? Like just make it melt away from the first spit. This would make the ling not so bullshit when it come to dealing with a lone officer, and make the ling think before they act.
The point of the shambling abomination is that it wrecks shit in 1v1 fights. Either you approach it as a group or your ass is grass. Nerfing its ability to deal with lone security officers as efficiently as it does now would make it effectively useless.

Also, isn't going full ham and not thinking about what you're doing aside from "CRUSH KILL DESTROY" also the point of the shambler mode?
I may get really mad every time a ling acid spits me when I pass by the owlery, but that is there thing. They are 1v1 monsters.

However holy fuck I've been in ling acid stun for a good five minutes before jesus fuck.

But still, they need that. It really is their only trump card early on. Neurotoxin is incredibly noticeable and easily fixed, and space drugs sting does nothing to stop someone besides make them unable to speak.

Not to derail things but if you're going to suggest a nerf you may want to suggest additions as well as to not under-power the ling.
If there's one thing about acid spit that bothers me, it's the fact that it's homing. How would spit home in on someone?

What I would like to see is acid spit that has to be aimed with the shots travelling at a much faster speed, comparable to a laser. Give them a stun behavior similar to the taser, in that it requires multiple hits to knock someone out. Maybe 1 shot blinds, a 2nd stuns, and a 3rd knocks out. More shots on a target that's been knocked out could do brute damage, or melt away headgear so they don't have to waste time pulling it off of them.

At the same time, make it so that the changeling has a reserve of shots that rebuild quickly, so they can fire off several in rapid succession. Have somewhere between 4-6 shots total stored up, with a new shot rebuilding every 10 seconds or so. This way, a changeling could still easily dominate in a 1v1 scenario, but in larger groups they're resources are more tapped

And maybe since getting trapped is a risk for changelings, a full 6 shots of acid on a wall could build up enough acid to start to eat away at the metal.
that sounds horridly overelaborate and pointless
mozi Wrote:that sounds horridly overelaborate and pointless

agreed
Just halve acid's cooldown but not make it track?
BeardedElectron Wrote:
mozi Wrote:that sounds horridly overelaborate and pointless

agreed
Fair enough. I still think heat seeking loogies are silly, and would rather see changelings have multiple chances with a weaker shot than an almost guaranteed hit with a powerful one.
Frank_Stein Wrote:I still think heat seeking loogies are silly
Friend, this is the same game where you're able to generate more electricity than should be possible in feasible reality, turn yourself into the Hulk, be a wizard to magic people's butts off, and make yourself explode into bloody giblets with a freshly-hooting owl generated at the epicenter. Also Zombie Hogan is a thing.

On the Space Station 13 spectrum of silliness, heat-seaking loogies are at a rather low position.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I still think heat seeking loogies are silly
Friend, this is the same game where you're able to generate more electricity than should be possible in feasible reality, turn yourself into the Hulk, be a wizard to magic people's butts off, and make yourself explode into bloody giblets with a freshly-hooting owl generated at the epicenter. Also Zombie Hogan is a thing.

On the Space Station 13 spectrum of silliness, heat-seaking loogies are at a rather low position.

Don't forget you can also make loafs of bread so dense, that when thrown, they not only kill you, but knock your limbs off.