Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armory / Armoury beefing up.
This will hopefully remain a quite low key suggestion / idea.

I noticed a Mechanic making a computer and other devices, one of which was a hand scanner / print scanner which can be used to open up doors and other thingymobs....

I thought it would be cool if the HOS, who would obviously have his own prints have to press his hand on the scanner to open up the Armoury.

The doors should also be replaced with "lock down doors" time and time again the Armoury is broken into with a simple multi-tool and screwdriver.

If the Armoury is only meant to be accessible by the HOS, who must have 3 months in-game and must have an application approved, shouldn't more station "funding" be spent on his own Armoury ?

I also think the Armoury should have more lethal weaponry inside of it but I don't want too much discussion on this thread about that because I know exactly how it will go.

But lets be fair, beanbag round aren't the most effective form of defense against Syndicates now is it.

LEGIT THREAD ABOUT NIFTY ARMOURY DEFENSE INCREASE ACTIVATE!
No shitposts about how I am as a security officer please, leave the drama where it belongs.
Can you activate handscanners using a severed arm? If so, yes.
The shotguns and bomb suits are the real prize, and those require some super cool hacking skills to get through without an emag.

Lockdown doors would be just as easy to hack as a door, but more annoying to access by people who want to get in legitimately.

That said, I like the idea of having mechanics components used more on the base map, and it'd be cool to see this sort of thing.

Maybe we can use this idea to put the nuke back on station or have a station vault of some sort which the captain can initialize each round or something.
Sorry for double post, but I think it might (???) Be impossible to initialize the hand scanner to open to the HoS, especially a late-start one
I like the idea of having a hand scanner.
I've seen it happen too often where someone hacks the doors and have some shitty borg open the lockers for them.
So this would make it more secure and in my opinion more fun for a antagonist to steal the Head Of Security's arm to get inside
List of ways to get around this handscanner.

A. Edit the security file for HOS with your own fingerprint in place.

B. Take the HOS's arm

C. Take a blood sample all smart like, then inject yourself with stable mutagen to be an exact copy of the HOS.

D. Brute force, blow a hole in the back and take what you need.

I could see people making a game out of "How do you get past this handscanner"
atomic1fire Wrote:List of ways to get around this handscanner.

B. Take the HOS's arm

C. Take a blood sample all smart like, then inject yourself with stable mutagen to be an exact copy of the HOS.

Place a button next to the hand scanner, and wire it to the door.
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:I also think the Armoury should have more lethal weaponry inside of it

no

just my unhumble opinion, anyway
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:List of ways to get around this handscanner.

B. Take the HOS's arm

Place a button next to the hand scanner, and wire it to the door.

Assuming this requires HOS's handprints I doubt "put a button next to it" would be that easy.

That is if this ever becomes a legit part of armory.

The lethal guns stuff is dumb though, there's more then enough ways to kill a traitor without giving security an entire closet full of ways to kill a traitor.

Bribe QM to buy some lasers and bribe a mechanic to scan and bulk make them.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Sorry for double post, but I think it might (???) Be impossible to initialize the hand scanner to open to the HoS, especially a late-start one

Have the fingerprint scan only determine if the person has door access when a hand is on it, maybe?

e.g initiliaze it when it's in use, not at the start of the round?
Like I said guys, thread about the scanner not the guns haha, because I knew what people's opinions would be.

But who knows, if one day when they're beefing up the armoury's doors and features etc, they might slip some buckshot rounds in there?

I do love the sound of the HOS having to protect his own blood and hand, people running after him with syringes and knifes hahaha.

I'm glad the idea of this has grabbed some attention smilie with a protruding tongue
QM's lethal lasers are the best chance you'll have for a well armed security officer.

You just have to have a situation that convinces QM to order guns.

Otherwise HOS is a pretty cool role, screwing with it by attracting every "gimme bazookas please" nerd will only backfire.

I'm pretty sure that's why turds were removed. One Super sec role that became unfun.

There are more then enough lethal weapons for a creative traitor/vigilante, a security officers interest should be in saving lives, not being rambo.