Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil Plant Formula for Evil Botanists
I suggested this in the traitor item thread a while back and decided to give it a post for it's own with an actually complete idea.

For Traitor Botanists, the Syndi-Grow Plant Formula. The formula is composed of it's own special reagent that causes unique mutations in plants when poured/infused; these mutations yield devious tools for the devious syndicate botanist! The formula expands on the idea of botany being it's own branch of research capable of nifty things. Here's a list of possible mutations:

Carrot: A one use shiv equal in damage to that of the syndicate dagger.
Grapes: Infects the consumer with berserker, because these are.. the grapes of wrath. get it?

Pumpkin: Carve it, and you get a lantern you can stick on people's heads that they can't remove on their own and sets them on fire.

Chili: Super hot, contains El Diablo Chili or maybe maybe maybe Dragon's Breath.

Grass: Tall grass that slows you down when you're in it. Can be cut with wirecutters.

Synthmeat: When harvested, it'll create a life reaction that can be either a meat cube or a person.

Banana: Slipping on the peels of these bananas hurt in a fashion similar to lube.

Cannabis: Any poison better than the cyanide in deathweed (most poisons)

Melon: Similar to a rainbow melon, but flies around like a strangelet loaf.

Radweed: Generates pulses of radiation equal to those found during radstorms.

Peanut: Toss them and they'll splat into a pile of urine. Peenuts

Slurrypods: Throw a slurrypod at somebody and it'll explode in their face, putting Omega Slurry into them.

Feel free to add more ideas that aren't shit.
Carrot: Yes, botanist ninja yes. FRUIT NINJA.

Grapes: Pretty legit.

Pumpkin: Neat, but might be hard to get on people. Maybe make it so that making the pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern causes it to emit extreme heat about 4 tiles out from it, burning those who walk by it.

Chili: I think Ghostlier Chili Peppers already have a chance to turn you to ash, and are fairly easy to make.

Grass: This is good, but I want to bring up an idea from another thread I can't remember, and that is traitor grass that acts like crystal glass shards.

Synthmeat: I don't entirely understand the point.

Banana: Yes, but perhaps a bit MORE than space lube slips.

Cannabis: I like the idea of trap weed being grown containing random poisons.

Melon: Strangelet loaf melon might be A BIT much.

Radweed: Good.

Peanut: Okay.

Slurrypods: Good.
Corn: Works like flashbangs when thrown, and leave popcorn crumbs on the ground after it explodes.
Synthflesh becomes Martian synthflesh.
Martian flesh exists as hidden chem in the game.
atomic1fire Wrote:Corn: Works like flashbangs when thrown, and leave popcorn crumbs on the ground after it explodes.

The corn cob begins to pop rapidly!

This is a popcorn foam wall.
Any of you heard about the headless horseman? Its a folklore from around where I live about some guy with a pumpkin for a head who threw pumpkins at people and tried to behead them or some shit. Pumpkins should be a weapon that if thrown left pumpkin gibs all over the place and cause brute/burn damage on impact. Pumpkin gibs can be used in pumpkin pie, which is the shit.
Question: what other strange seeds are there besides the puking plant, the one that makes purple globs, the meat one and the blue one?
Because you know how botanists can order strange seeds to make maneaters?
Give them a surplus botanics crate with 12-15 random "harmful" seeds.
Potatoes could act as hidden cameras. Ya know, cause of the eyes.

Either hide them in areas you wanna watch or get someone to eat them to track them like if they were wearing the helmet cam. Use a potato in hand to get a list of the other potatoes.

Alternatively, make them act like batteries you can shock people with.
Sam Guivene Wrote:Any of you heard about the headless horseman? Its a folklore from around where I live about some guy with a pumpkin for a head who threw pumpkins at people and tried to behead them or some shit. Pumpkins should be a weapon that if thrown left pumpkin gibs all over the place and cause brute/burn damage on impact. Pumpkin gibs can be used in pumpkin pie, which is the shit.

uh there's literally a disney animated movie about that guy.

I think it was made in like the 1940s and had bing crosby in it.
I think some of these could be added in as regular mutations, really. Although if this ever gets implemented I'd like there to be a way to get a small supply of it as a non-traitor, maybe in the debris field somewhere or by hacking a gardengear. Encourages experimentation with it so people can do more interesting things when they actually are a traitor, and makes people less likely to immediately lynch the botanists if they see one of these plants lying around.
Bologna Prime Wrote:Grapes: Infects the consumer with berserker, because these are.. the grapes of wrath. get it?
no

wait yes haha