Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beepsky can follow and baton people using a Voltron
Seriously what the christ
I think this has to do with the way certain mobs react to people going into a "container". If you go inside a locker while still on Beepsky's screen, he's gonna go for you anyway, so it probably treats the voltron's electricity current thingy with the same reasoning.
You can't outrun a radio
UrsulaMejor Wrote:You can't outrun a radio

This is correct.
On one hand this is kind've clearly a bug, on the other hand, beepsky's not that hard to kill and is the definition of the stations true vigilante hero, and on every single SS13 server in this game beepsky is a game changer (70% of the time I die as either an antagonist or a security officer is because of beepsky). So I'm actually torn on whether this is a bug or a feature
Feature.
It's an electric baton.
And wires have insulation on the outside, so the baton wouldn't be able to hit something inside of it.
Berrik Wrote:And wires have insulation on the outside, so the baton wouldn't be able to hit something inside of it.
Than explain why you get shocked by licking a wire in game (Or hitting it with a crowbar, that too)
This thread is starting to get silly.

The fact of the matter is that this bug is a Mob Related bug where mobs can still hit you when you're inside containers.

This bug has been here since forever and probably isn't going to be fixed any time soon because the coders are probably working on something more important than an old bug that pretty much everyone knows about and is easily played around.

I'm sure they appreciate the report, but arguing about it without providing new information isn't really adding much because either they are or they are not going to fix it and they've probably already decided years ago.
Hello, I am goonstation coder "the Angriest International Business Machine," inventor of beepsky, and I vote that this is a Feature.

Berrik Wrote:And wires have insulation on the outside, so the baton wouldn't be able to hit something inside of it.
Inductive coupling.
AngriestIBM Wrote:Hello, I am goonstation coder "the Angriest International Business Machine," inventor of beepsky, and I vote that this is a Feature.

Inductive coupling.

Well beepsky has the power of the friggin sun then

feature
Splatpope Wrote:
AngriestIBM Wrote:Hello, I am goonstation coder "the Angriest International Business Machine," inventor of beepsky, and I vote that this is a Feature.

Inductive coupling.

Well beepsky has the power of the friggin sun then

feature

wait no sorry for the double post I'm a baddie, but

if you're going with inductive coupling, then beepsky should explode whenever he touches a voltronned player