Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make reagent-infused bullets 'leak' the reagent.
A few days ago I was turned into a mindslave with the task of assassinating another crew-member, I opted to create sarin-infused bullets and do a hit-and-run attack with a zipgun.

Unfortunately it would turn out that being shot with bullets does not inject the infused bullet's reagent into the individual which makes sense I guess seeing as its hardly a syringe gun. But what I'd like to see is that while the bullets remain in someone's body they will slowly leak the reagent into the bloodstream.

This has the added bonus of allowing people to try and balance curative chemicals with the constant bleeding that the bullet would apply.

Naturally, cutting the bullets out of the body will stop the reagent from being leaked into their blood.
Shoot a werewolf with silver bullets to kill it.

... Also make werewolves react to silver reagents maybe while you're at it.

And blessed (holy water) bullets for vampires. Be the belmont, shoot the monsters.
Bullets actually already work this way, it's just not... consistent. Sometimes the bullets won't always inject their chemicals, and some chemicals don't inject at all. It's more than likely a bug.
System is pretty new, any new system needs the kinks worked out.
SL the Pyro Wrote:Bullets actually already work this way, it's just not... consistent. Sometimes the bullets won't always inject their chemicals, and some chemicals don't inject at all. It's more than likely a bug.

It seems that bullets treat the reagent as if it was applied to the skin, and thus the reagent can be blocked via protection (someone wearing a gas-mask isn't afflicted by a sarin-infused bullet). Where as if the bullet is inside your body, it should be applied as if it were injected.
BadClown Wrote:
SL the Pyro Wrote:Bullets actually already work this way, it's just not... consistent. Sometimes the bullets won't always inject their chemicals, and some chemicals don't inject at all. It's more than likely a bug.

It seems that bullets treat the reagent as if it was applied to the skin, and thus the reagent can be blocked via protection (someone wearing a gas-mask isn't afflicted by a sarin-infused bullet). Where as if the bullet is inside your body, it should be applied as if it were injected.
Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. You'd logically think that chemical bullets would function like the Syringe Gun traitor item... I just worry that doing this would make the Syringe Gun obsolete, since a Silenced .22 Revolver would be superior in literally every way if it were filled with chemical bullets.
SL the Pyro Wrote:
BadClown Wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. You'd logically think that chemical bullets would function like the Syringe Gun traitor item... I just worry that doing this would make the Syringe Gun obsolete, since a Silenced .22 Revolver would be superior in literally every way if it were filled with chemical bullets.

Yes, I mentioned the syringe gun. The syringe gun applies a large amount of the reagent immediately, as its a syringe that directly injects a lot of the reagent instantly into the body.

My proposal for balancing would be to make a bullet randomly inject between 0.8 and 1.2 times the depletion rate of chemical it is infused with. Shooting people with more bullets will result in an overall increase in the chemicals injected while keeping the number of bullets you get from the arc smelter fair with how little reagent you need to put into it in contrast to a syringe gun which can potentially fill you with fifteen units instantly of a chemical.
Some of these interactions are for balance purposes, I'm sure. While the inconsistency is stupidly frustrating, I don't think some types of bullets "leaching" into someone in perpetuity would be good.