Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenade corner chuck
So, particularly with stun grenades, I've never felt like grenades were a completely viable in combat item. Part of the reason is you have to expose yourself to throw one and the line of sight can be funky.

My idea is pretty simple in concept. If you're standing next to a wall that is next to an opening, you can click that wall with an active grenade in your hand to "chuck" it around that corner 4 to 8 tiles depending on health and chems in system.

Particularly for security this lets them use their flashbangs to take cover, chuck a nade around the corner, and make arrests or whatnot.
While I disagree that the concept is needed, I would say that you'd probably want the ability to shoot wildly around a corner with projectile weapons as well. Heck, just chuck any old thing around a corner if you want, I don't care. Smash a glass in someone's face from behind a wall.
I want corner based combat.
Suddenly we're playing XCOM.
gunz r in da game. Dis call of duty nao
vampirate Wrote:gunz r in da game. Dis call of duty nao
Hello ... mport is that you?
I agree that grenades are really flimsy to use. The usefulness/detrimental to your own health ratio is way off, they're just too risky to use as they often go off in your damn hand. Click walls/corner chuck mechanic is a really weird way of fixing this.

Counter suggestion: Add a grenade UI button in the top left corner. Appears when you have the grenade on your person, whether it's in your hand/pocket/belt, exactly like an oxytank.
Clicking the grenade button does the following:
1. Puts the grenade in your active hand
2. Activates it
3. Sets your action to throw.
So it's literally "click button, let it cook, press to throw"
Rather than "Click grenade. Click grenade inhand. Make sure you have throw enabled or hope that the shift click works. Throw grenade that immedietly explodes in your face"
The thing about grenades in this game is they are entirely a support item. You can't really plan around using them as a main weapon against something.

They are however great at a few things:

1. Flushing someone out from a defensive position

2. Softening up a crowd

3. A dropped item to discourage people chasing after you