Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of some base wraith abilities on evolve
Just wanna preface this saying I'm a big wraith fan, I'm not looking to nerf it for the hell of it, but I think I've noticed that wraiths are a bit uh. Powerful when evolved, specifically if they keep using their base abilities actively. Animate/possess object in particular is massively powerful especially in combination with evolved abilities.

My suggestion would be to remove animate object on evolve and keep possess object but nerf its duration when evolved (or vice versa really, no possess but a nerfed animate). Personally I think this would be more fun as a wraith fan, it gives you the option to not evolve and stay as a regular wraith or lose some strong base abilities to evolve. Interested what people think and if there'd be anything else you'd change about the basekit on evolving.
Animate object is just broken AF on circular saws and shit. Unstoppable AI following no stamina object hitting you with a 1 second cooldowm. I'm good with removing it on evolve personally
Animated objects can be hard to hit if you don't special attack them too, and you can snowball them into a katamari of death which is massively entertaining honestly but would make sense to me to only be possible as the Wraith wraith.
during rounds that avalanche corpses it can become just a constant tool-fight rather than say, something engaging. At least on RP. I'm fine with this.
In my opinion either nerf it.. or give a way to combat it... like: "only dirty tools can be possessed"
Giving a layer to keeping the work spot clean!
(07-24-2024, 10:29 AM)Kotlol Wrote: In my opinion either nerf it.. or give a way to combat it... like: "only dirty tools can be possessed"
Giving a layer to keeping the work spot clean!

It would need to be a split from other forms of living items, because these other forms (i think mostly anima) need quite the opposite of a nerf.
When the rework came out i had an idea for a wraith class that effectively turned the station against the crew, like an evil supernatural AI, the animate ability would fit perfectly into that
as much as i dont want wraith to get nerfed until i get to abuse it one more time, i do think its just an issue of animate object itself being way too fucking strong. its strong in ways i havent even seen people utilize properly before.

1. the animated objects are a huge pain in the ass to kill, they have a lot of fucking health
2. the cooldown is real short. 30 seconds is like nothing
3. the cost isnt too high, especially if you can afk outside the window of genetics to farm as many points as you want or do other smart tech to manifest while preventing danger to yourself
4. the biggest reason its so strong is that theres absolutely no duration on it. if you animate an object it STAYS animated until someone kills it. most wraith players dont even exploit this part of it on purpose

the one time i got to play wraith, i played it as i theorized would be optimal. i evolved asap (i chose harbinger cuz it was late into the round) and i farmed some points safely before everyone hated me via manifesting where no one sees me, waiting for the manifest cooldown to be over, then going in public and sitting around until the moment someone pulls out a weapon then vanishing. once all that was done, i went to where the shuttle was gonna be, and i just started fucking spamming animate object. there were way too many objects for any amount of players to handle. if someone was using a weapon against my objects, i just decayed them and animated their weapon. needless to say my summons beat the ass of anyone who managed to step on the shuttle.

imo animate object should be a "lol i stole this useful item off u" tool, similar to sticks to snakes for wiz. their hp should be a lot lower and they need to NOT LAST LITERALLY FOREVER. i think armies of animated objects should be specifically for tricksters when they have a ton of poltergeists animating objects with them. i dont think wraiths should lose any tools for evolving when the issue lies with a single skill being real fucked up