Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Replaces the syndicate's Sawfly purchase with the pouch containing three
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR

See title- changes the buylist purchase.

If need be, I'm fine with changing it to be a 1 TC purchase per drone, but thought I'd see what folks think of the pouch idea first.

Why's this needed?

There's been some talk in RP-chat about how sawflies are a little underwhelming for 2 TC, especially since all the other grenades you can purchase are 1 TC and give a whole pouch of them.

When sawflies were first added, 2 TC made sense. They pierced armor, had considerably faster attacks, and had shorter fuze times. I definitely think the changes were merited, but since then, I feel like they've dropped out of the 2 TC price bracket.

The purchase giving a pouch of sawflies instead of one and a remote is more in-line with the other grenades, and should hopefully legitimize their use outside of the "let's make an army in mechlab" niche.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)NightmarechaMillian
(*)The 2 TC sawfly purchase will now provide a pouch of 3 drones. Yes, this is the one nukies get.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I like it!
I do think this is a good change since sawflys, especially one by itself really won't do anything really and buying any of the grenade kits would just be a better purchase as you said. The only thing I had to add was what would happen to the cluster sawfly since the only appeal that item had (having a better tc per sawfly ratio then buying them individually) no longer exists.
(06-24-2024, 11:02 PM)rando212 Wrote: I do think this is a good change since sawflys, especially one by itself really won't do anything really and buying any of the grenade kits would just be a better purchase as you said. The only thing I had to add was what would happen to the cluster sawfly since the only appeal that item had (having a better tc per sawfly ratio then buying them individually) no longer exists.

Definitely a good point. Once (if) this gets merged I'll be sure to update the clusterfly price as well.