Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck the default earpieces
herpmcderp Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:Seriously screw the radio, everyone being able to spam the feed easily really defeats the purpose of having station wide communications, remove the earpieces completely and force people to use intercoms if they want to get people to listen to them

This has been tried it was removed because people hated it + i believe it made it so that rampaging happened a lot more but maybe not

People hated it because it removed their comfy convenience.
[Image: TM3LaoU.jpg]
bubs Wrote:[Image: TM3LaoU.jpg]
If we had those I want them to make it seem like someone has the high pressure vocal cords when used nearby someone and then if they already have the high pressure vocal cords mutation it should make it even worst.
Just to follow up on the original idea, I tried to make some sprites for the worn radios. (ID card included for reference)

[Image: dSy0WpX.png][Image: iraCczP.png][Image: AQFUDn0.png]

I think it looks pretty okay, but the ear slot would have to be displayed on top of the back slot, like in the picture. Otherwise the always worn satchel/air tank/jetpack shoulder strap would cover up all except the protruding antenna and it'd be even more pointless.
scamtank Wrote:Just to follow up on the original idea, I tried to make some sprites for the worn radios. (ID card included for reference)

I think it looks pretty okay, but the ear slot would have to be displayed on top of the back slot, like in the picture. Otherwise the always worn satchel/air tank/jetpack shoulder strap would cover up all except the protruding antenna and it'd be even more pointless.
Hmm. I like how this looks with the ID and radio in plain sight. You can tell at a glance if they have an ID or radio on them. I think nonhead jobs should get this kind of radio and all head jobs get the fancy ear radios.
Kiki the ID and the earpieces are visible on sprites.
The earpieces haven't been for a while. I'm guessing it's a bug.
atomic1fire Wrote:Security's freq would be encrypted and have to be hacked in order to be listened to, because nerd power.

And hacking would be either hilariously unrealistic to the point it's as easy to do as typing "hackman 122.5" into a DWAINE or so realistic that nobody but the nerd elite can even understand how to do it.
Klayboxx Wrote:Kiki the ID and the earpieces are visible on sprites.
The IDs I knew about but I haven't seen an earpiece ever or I just haven't looked close enough cause it's so small and even more reason to make a big bulky looking radio.
KikiMofo Wrote:
The IDs I knew about but I haven't seen an earpiece ever or I just haven't looked close enough cause it's so small and even more reason to make a big bulky looking radio.

Pretty sure earpieces are two little grey pixels that appear over the edge of your face.

Also, the station is made out of metal, right? So how the fuck do the wireless headsets/handheld radios work? Metals interfere with wireless transmisions. (Intercoms are excused cause they would be hard wired)
Winged_Chiller Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

Pretty sure earpieces are two little grey pixels that appear over the edge of your face.

Also, the station is made out of metal, right? So how the fuck do the wireless headsets/handheld radios work? Metals interfere with wireless transmisions. (Intercoms are excused cause they would be hard wired)
Because it's ~future space tech~
Marquesas Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Security's freq would be encrypted and have to be hacked in order to be listened to, because nerd power.

And hacking would be either hilariously unrealistic to the point it's as easy to do as typing "hackman 122.5" into a DWAINE or so realistic that nobody but the nerd elite can even understand how to do it.

I vote for the nerd elite solution because it's actually not that hard
scamtank Wrote:Just to follow up on the original idea, I tried to make some sprites for the worn radios. (ID card included for reference)

looks cool.

Splatpope Wrote:
herpmcderp Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:Seriously screw the radio, everyone being able to spam the feed easily really defeats the purpose of having station wide communications, remove the earpieces completely and force people to use intercoms if they want to get people to listen to them

This has been tried it was removed because people hated it + i believe it made it so that rampaging happened a lot more but maybe not

People hated it because it removed their comfy convenience.

i dunno how common knowledge this is but you can use the handheld radios as easily as headsets, you prefix with either :r or :l depending on whether they're in your right hand or left
That's not the issue, the issue is having to use one of your hands to hold the thing. Good luck calling for help when an explosion blows both your arms off.

Wait, am I arguing for or against them? v
herpmcderp Wrote:

I liked it. It really cut down on the "HALP, GEORGE MELONS GRIFING ME!1" silliness.