Mon McCready's HoS application
Heart 
Usual character name: Mon McCready
BYOND username: Bag_o_cheese
Discord username (if you are on our discord): @bagocheese

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & 4

Reason for application: Being Head of Security has been a dream of me for quite a while, a possition that can so many people look up to and can have such an impact on the round as a whole is so facinating to me. We all know how overwhelming security can be sometimes and I want to be the one to step up and lessen the load to make it as fun as possible for everyone.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
At first I was intimidated by the idea of being security, I decided to eventually give it a try and saw how welcoming and willing to help everyone was. My first security experience was that of a timid assistant fumbling around the station not quite sure of what was happening but still trying my best to help where I could. I remember being so happy when I finally got promoted to security officer, I was still quite inexperienced at the time but I did my best to learn from others; Munches on Paper in particular has been a great inspiration as to how I approach situations as security and in general, nowadays I think I'm an experienced officer but still trying to improve, leading the team whenever necesary.

Training new people to security is one of my favourite things to do, often volunteering whenever I get a chance. Teaching them what I know and preparing them as best as I can, hoping the same passion I have for security and this game in general will be passed onto them. It is through this that I've met my best friend in game and I couldn't be happier. Not only teaching but also guiding and aiding any officers that know the ropes but are still a bit unexperienced.

When working with a team I try to be a bit laid back and just silly in general, while still being serious and on-my-toes when needed. I've learned tt's important to take it easy and be nice to your fellow crewmates since security can have such a big impact on how the round progresses. I tend to not bother people about the small stuff besides giving them a ticket and a talk if necesary. I concider myself to be lenient towards antags, giving them as many chances as I can without outright letting them wreck havoc on the station. Especially when it comes to executions as I don't like having them out.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Use your radio! too many times have I been in teams that are in complete disarray because people don't communicate. Working together and communication is vital!Security can be exhausting, remember to take 5 and drink some water anddon't let it affect you too much, it's a game-- have fun!
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    It's nothing big- On my first day as a security assistant there was a yeti attack- it tore most of my limbs off while I tried keeping at bay with my barrier. Being rushed to medbay and seeing how caring everyone was really stuck with me.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
For a while now I've wanted to roleplay a propper detective, collecting evidence, actual sleuthing- an evidence board and everything. Unfortunately most situations in-game don't allow this but I still try to every time I'm the detective.

[*]Draw a picture!
I tried so hard to attach an image but im too dumb to figure it out
Here's a link to the post in the discord server so you can still look at it!
[*]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have 1 previous ban- I'm not proud of it, I had a rough day and let the game affect me too much and I acted like a jerk, I've grown a lot since then and accepted that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.
It really warms my heart to see that I've made such an impact on you, friend. I've seen Mon do some good work in security. I've seen them grow a tremendous amount, and I'm able to trust them to get what needs to be done, done.

+ 1 from me.
Mon is an awesome player and is extremely helpful in security. It's a shame I don't see them that much because of my schedule, but when I do I always have an awesome shift with them. No doubt in my mind Mon would make a good HoS.
I don't have much to say, but nothing particularly stands out to me about you making a good HoS. I don't really see you setup in security to lead or teach, I just often find you're in the background and not much else.

That's not to say you can't be a good HoS but even seeing you as Captain, I still don't really see anything that says "They're ready for the beret".

I would really like to see stronger leadership, communication and teaching from you first.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to insufficient community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 12-17-2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!