Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More stuff for cargo to order
Since I've learned cargo, I've discovered how easy it is to pile up a mountain of credits with very little effort depending on what's hot and if your mining team is hard working. After I get like, 200k credits I'm basically done with my job since there's very little possibility that we'll actually spend all that. The golden throne and fancy furniture is fun, but it can get old kinda fast leaving not much else to warrant a high credit amount.

Rather than nerf how much money someone can make in cargo, I'd rather see some other ways for cargo to spend their money in fun bits. Like how you can order a mountain of clothing and have cargo become a boutique, or act like a slob and just order takeout, candy and booze. More options for cargo to really have fun with the budget, and want to build it up for something more. Or just some items that people would want to order from time to time. 

So, some ideas:

1. Wig crates. Contains completely randomized wigs, letting your most frequent customers (borgs) be able to get themselves some hair (if thats possible), or lizardfolk who want to see what this hair business is all about! Maybe just those poor bald folk who want another do.

2. Children's toys crate. Contains some plushes like those you can find in any claw machine, but also has some random other items like toy figures, items you can get from arcade prize machines, and duck eggs. Great for the collectors!

3. Coffee resupply crate. Contains several pitchers of creamer, boxes of sugar cubes, and a coffee machine ready to be put together. Especially good if someone likes to drink the creamer, or a horse eats all the cubes.

4. Spare radioactive fuel. Only available on maps that currently have a thermonuclear engine. Contains random fuel cells that are at half radioactivity, and do not currently contain any plutonium. Only to be used in situations where you need some more fuel and mining just can't find any.

5. Spare crewmate crate. Basically a way to specifically order one or more of those NPCs that get sent into cargo at times just to have their organs replaced, except you can do so on-command.
I like the wig crates idea a lot!
I feel like being able to order npc staffies on command could have similar issues to loosing a whole bunch of monkeys at once. they're not as irritating as monkeys, sure, but a lot of them at once can be a hassle especially when you're trying to tell who's a real player and who's not in a crowd

aside from that these are pretty fun ideas, though I will say that toy crates sorta overlap with civ restock crates that already exist but never get bought
Made a pr for the wig crate
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15547