Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miners should know what ores are hot
So when I'm playing mining, I usually just mine whatever while trying to get the gear I want. Once I do, I usually ask if there's any ores we need... radio silence. This is on RP too, so anyone who hears either doesn't have a need or doesn't want to bother mining.

If in the rockbox, we could see the names of ores that are hot Bolded i'd at least be able to say "Okay, nobody said anything, I'm mining THAT for now." It would also help reduce the likelihood of new miners getting all their uquil bought up by an unknowning cargo before they make their industrial suit. Not preventing, but still reducing when they understand "cargo's probably gonna buy 90-100% of this ore"
Ok, So I dont want to be rude but. This is a non issue. Like if a miner doesnt want QM taking their ores for example Uqil. theres like 2 ways to stop them. You can literally just not put it in or put it for do not sell. This immediately stops the ores you want for self improvement from being "stolen" by QM. Your the miners, you have full control of what QM takes, it isnt up to them to stop taking it. anything you put in the rockbox to a large degree isnt your until you take it out.

Secondly, Theres the fact that. What ores are hot and what arent is QM's issue. If QM want you to mine a specific ore that should fall on them to call that out. not the miners, If the miners are calling it out and QM dont respond thats QM's fault and loss, not yours.

My main point here is, If you want a ore dont let others have it, you are literally the ones in control. And Whats QM wants to sell is up to QM. If they want your help because a Ore is Hot, they should ask and if they dont, oh well not miners problem. as a miner the best thing you can do is just mine whatever comes. as theres a high chance, especially on higher round time RP rounds, that something you mined in bulk can be mass sold later for mass QM profit.

So yeah, I dont see the point of this change, actually scrap that. I see the point of it. But the main issue that annoys me, That coming from a Classic player (me), I can clearly see the major issue with this. That being the removal of Cross department communication. Like if we add this what need would there be for direct communication between Mining and QM. It would just be this silent process that involves no talking, Kinda boring. So im not really all for this idea. Nice in concept but when you get down to it, it just removes alot of interactions between players. Yeah thats about it thanks!
don't miners get the price scanner thing cargo does?

I also think letting them see the market, or like.. in general letting people see the market from.. idk, AI displays, personal PCs, maybe even the PDA would be fine and cool.
(06-24-2023, 01:19 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: I see the point of it.  But the main issue that annoys me, That being the removal of Cross department communication. Like if we add this what need would there be for direct communication between Mining and QM. It would just be this silent process that involves no talking, Kinda boring. So im not really all for this idea. Nice in concept but when you get down to it, it just removes alot of interactions between players. Yeah thats about it thanks!

Fair enough! This would remove some interactions between mining and cargo. I would like some way to know what ores are more likely to be bought that shift so I can have a more focused objective when mining, beyond just gear. I like mining with a purpose like calling out to the engineers when electrum can be made.

(06-24-2023, 02:14 PM)Cal Wrote: don't miners get the price scanner thing cargo does?

I also think letting them see the market, or like.. in general letting people see the market from.. idk, AI displays, personal PCs, maybe even the PDA would be fine and cool.

I honestly haven't played around enough with the price scanner to say if it does or not? Kinda forgot it exists. I know that it tells you a price when you scan on a specific thing so that'd be manually checking every single ore you got.

Probably better to be able to see the market from inside the station rather than from the rockbox, get miners breathing some station air again and having more interactions with the crew.
(06-24-2023, 02:14 PM)Cal Wrote: don't miners get the price scanner thing cargo does?

Miners spawn with the cargo appraiser and a screen similar to the ai status display showing rock prices similar to the stock market could be a neat addition