Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stable mutagen should change names gradually.
If stable morphed your name in more than one steps, you would temporarily be Spigot the Farmer before fully becoming Spigot the Bear.
Using less mutagen than the necessary amount could leave you with an half transformed name. Or with some luck you could use this to eate a whole clan of Farmers.
Some guy wanting to ditch his identity could take blood from two or three people and use a bit of each in turn to get an entirely new name.
This would be cool, if I could figure out how to create unstable mutagen frown .

Would people also get part of the hair style/hair color and skin color (or mixed of the two colors)?
My bad, I meant STABLE mutagen.
Okay, ONE this seems like a pretty fun idea. TWO:
Zadeon Wrote:This would be cool, if I could figure out how to create unstable mutagen frown .

Would people also get part of the hair style/hair color and skin color (or mixed of the two colors)?
This would be cool too
think mutadone
So basically, 5 units of Unstable Mutagen would make you slightly resemble the person, I.E. hairstyle and eye color. Ten units would make you look like family, changing their last name and skin color, and 15 units would do the full enchilada and change their complete physical appearance and name?
I don't think it's really possible for the game to figure out the difference between your first and last name. I'm fairly sure it sees your name as one solid thing.
Klayboxx Wrote:I don't think it's really possible for the game to figure out the difference between your first and last name. I'm fairly sure it sees your name as one solid thing.
from my basic knowledge of code it's really pretty simple to differentiate between parts of a string but whether or not it's feasible in byond is mystery to me
YJHGHTFH Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:I don't think it's really possible for the game to figure out the difference between your first and last name. I'm fairly sure it sees your name as one solid thing.
from my basic knowledge of code it's really pretty simple to differentiate between parts of a string but whether or not it's feasible in byond is mystery to me

Well it'd probably be easy to change, but afaik names are just one big solid thing in this game
Klayboxx Wrote:
YJHGHTFH Wrote:

Well it'd probably be easy to change, but afaik names are just one big solid thing in this game

Yeah, It'd be doable with stricter enforcement on naming conventions but that is a whole lot of bullshit just to have 'gradual' name changes.

enough unstable mutagen giving you a random generated name on the other hand...