Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thugstructions (AKA More Improvised Items Suggestion)
Cogwerks Wrote:Tattoos would be fun in theory, but I think it'd be pretty tough to get anything legible to fit onto a body part on the mob sprite. Arms are only about three or four pixels wide. At best I can sorta maybe see a splotch of color and a modified description upon Examine for the player working, maybe.
This is Jay Wolff! He has a pretty haggard tattoo of a skull.
That's kinda the idea for arm ones. Maybe have a small symbol for chest ones and head ones though.
using a cable cord with the grab intent on someone from behind should serve the same way as choking them

e.g "you wrap the cord around their neck"

Resisting still gives them a chance to break free.

Doing this should be ultra obvious for a dead person. E.g "So and so's body has strangle marks as if strangled by a cord".

The idea might be kinda creepy, but for thugkillings you might see more creative stealth traitorings and investigations.

Optionally a strangle cord could probably be a stealth traitor item if such an idea is too abuse-able or creepy for the regular crew.
ThoseDernSquirrels Wrote:Garrote: Metal rods+cable coil
Hidden blade: Wirecutters+Black gloves+Welder+Metal rods

Using a welder to sharpen a metal rod and some wire cutters to cut the fingers off gloves, allowing you to place the sharpened metal rod into one of the finger holes. Use an emote to draw the rod out and stabsy-doodle a guy. Causes bleeding damage.
I think something like this would be good as a traitor item, actually, a melee alternative to the derringer.
Anyone have the zip-gun sprite? ss13 ain't working for me at the mo', and if I had the zip-gun sprite, i'd do the tattoo gun.
All I need is a 32x32 screenshot of it.
Some of these improvised weapons should have downsides, like a shiv occassionaly cutting you, a garotte breaking etc.
I think cogwerks may have said something about snorting reagents, so I figured this would be a funny add if he's not already working on it.

Somehow using any number of credits to snort reagents.

Take cash, click beaker with active hand holding cash. Cash rolls up into a snortable thing. Icons might be a problem if you're snorting wielding fuel with a million credits.

WARNING: excessive snorting may cause a crewmember to randomly whistle because nose holes develop.

As soon as everything is snorted cash is unrolled. optionally a chemical scanner may reveal traces of whatever reagent was snorted.
An improvised garrotte available to the crew, and say like a piano wire variant of it available for traitors, that does BRAIN damage.