Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Word Filter(Returns?)
Admiral jimbob Wrote:I remember being able to see unfiltered speech from being tempmin a while ago but this could be entirely imaginary

You could be right. I'm only basing what I said off of being an admin on a different server, but goonstation code is so wildly different I wouldn't be suprised.
Klayboxx Wrote:
Admiral jimbob Wrote:I remember being able to see unfiltered speech from being tempmin a while ago but this could be entirely imaginary

You could be right. I'm only basing what I said off of being an admin on a different server, but goonstation code is so wildly different I wouldn't be suprised.
We can see the text as it was originally entered.

And even though the word filter might catch a few more people, it just can't replace admin judgement.
So perhaps a system in which the word is censored and a 'heads up' is given to the admins. They can look at the message in context and then do what is deemed correct based on the circumstances. Blocks out 'bad' words without auto-banning for mistakes and misunderstandings.
Wonkmin Wrote:I prefer seeing it as it tells me who is shit and needs to be removed from our community

Yes but instead they could just be unable to say "XD lol" and instead just "lol"

Also I miss the game forcing you to *cry when you adminhelped
I would like it if instead of "XD" it said "I AM 13 HAHA FART ON ME LOL" or "HEY DO YOU GUYS LIKE INUYASHA". Maybe make it rotate between a few choice ones like that idk. Basically I want ingame violence enacted on them when they say it.

People that use that smiley are literally shit. shit people. It's the worst of the anime smilies and I don't know why.