Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armoury & Riot Gear
Currently fucking nobody ever sees use with the Blast Suit bar nabbing a helmet if the HoS busts it open
I think with the current flavour of projectiles and shit, riot storage should contain an extra smoke launcher and also a new item: the riot shield & helmet
Hits like a toolbox, but blocks projectiles from striking you when thrown, and also stops .22 and .38 shots entirely (some real ones do this!!)
The helmet can really just be a reskinned Welding Helmet with no black overlay when down, it'd just look p. cool

As to not remove the blast suits entirely, there should be a dusty old room behind Sec for Bomb Disposal; Sec-Cardlocked lockers with full blast suits and a new tool, an analyser that scans a zone checking weather there is a source of erebite, welding fuel, plasma, black powder etc. around with no specifics on where

1. Riot Shields and helmets in the lockers, one more smoke launcher
2. Blast suits in a new room behind Sec
3. Analyser that scans for explosives in a room without a direction

also bring back the .38 revolvers in the vendors except without stun rounds, they work like old taser rounds did and you get 7 it's awful
The only reason people don't use the bomb protection stuff is because it makes you move super slow and with the bomb change you rarely if ever see bombs and you def don't see bombs just laying around.
Yeah it's kinda hard to defuse a bomb most of the time, you just rip out all the parts instead
there's no actual bomb disposal

If transfer valves were able to be put in backpacks again I think Proximity bombs would be used a lot more, if reworked a bit then you'd have a real reason to gear up with wirecutters and screwdrivers and shit to delicately disarm it without setting it off
Speak for yourself. I use the blast suit every time I'm HoS or security with access

You can live through a 12x12 wearing that thing!

not to mention, it looks cool as heck!!!

I usually just do some Meth or drink some coffee to counteract the slowness
Deat Santa, we have been good spacemen all year long. This christmas bring us the gift of canister bombs.

Love ya Santa, the crew of Space Station 13.
hey i love you guys yeah but could you comment on the actual ideas as well too
Here's an RP thing I think would be funny.

Bomb Buddy.

Use it to disarm suspected backpack/box bombs.

bomb helmet + toolbox + robot arm.

Maybe works like a cargo bot, and just blows up bombs somewhere else.

Maybe it stores the bomb in a compartment and disarms it, I don't know.

Pull it out of cargo and hope they didn't use a timer or remote signaller.

Bomb disposal buddy has a 15% chance of exploding and taking a portion of the station with him, so you might have to borrow a test chamber.

OH GOD YOU MONSTER, YOU KILLED THE BOMBBUDDY
Here's a thing most people probably don't realize: the EOD suits also grant a huge defense against projectiles, substantially better than the regular chest armor. It's about on par with industrial armor and the syndicate command armor now.

Get some willing assistant to do some projectile damage testing with you, toss 'em in some armor and shoot them and check 'em with a health analyzer.
well the suggestion I actually put up was to have them more freely available and to give the riot gear actual riot controlling stuff, they are really great even if few dudes use them a lot
Cogwerks Wrote:Here's a thing most people probably don't realize: the EOD suits also grant a huge defense against projectiles, substantially better than the regular chest armor. It's about on par with industrial armor and the syndicate command armor now.

Get some willing assistant to do some projectile damage testing with you, toss 'em in some armor and shoot them and check 'em with a health analyzer.
EOD suits are super robust. In one of Heiraphont's tribe gimmicks he runs, I had an EOD suit on, and some dude ran up to me with a spacker. He shot me twice. Both shots hit their mark. The other guy on watch with me chased him off with his riot shotgun, and while everyone was scrambling for the medical kit, I told them to chill. I wasn't out of green yet.

In summary, yes, EOD suits are super cool, really resilient, and highly under-used.
The big problem with the EOD suit is the stun-based combat. First person to stun another one wins, no matter how much armor you have. Hopefully, the changes to tasers, addition of more guns, and the various methods of stun negation now available will make EOD suits a much more attractive proposition.

Cogwerks, any chance we could get a Chicken Plate added in? Protects almost completely from fire and brute damage, but slows you down to legless speed. Turns a man with a shotgun into a very slightly mobile turret. v
Captain_Bravo Wrote:The big problem with the EOD suit is the stun-based combat. First person to stun another one wins, no matter how much armor you have. Hopefully, the changes to tasers, addition of more guns, and the various methods of stun negation now available will make EOD suits a much more attractive proposition.

Cogwerks, any chance we could get a Chicken Plate added in? Protects almost completely from fire and brute damage, but slows you down to legless speed. Turns a man with a shotgun into a very slightly mobile turret. v
Is that Parasite Eve? I loved that game but I don't remember that armor.
aardvarko It's from the sequel, PE II aardvarko
Captain_Bravo Wrote:aardvarko It's from the sequel, PE II aardvarko
No wonder I never saw it. I've never gotten too far in that. Anyway back on track I am always up for more kinds of armor now that we have more kinds of guns.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:The big problem with the EOD suit is the stun-based combat. First person to stun another one wins, no matter how much armor you have.

if I remember correctly, armor was changed to give stun reduction recently.