Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Put a portable ChemiCompiler in the debris field / trench
The ChemiCompiler already sees such seldom usage. Its portable smaller sibling rarely ever sees the light of day! Perhaps one way to get folks interested in using it more is the possibility of a free one out in the debris field, as long as they're okay with doing a bit of legwork to get it? Despite its potential, I don't think it will be used much even then, like the chem grenade kit that is more times than not left untouched.
As someone with a .txt file full of ChemiCompiler codes, the only way--and I mean the ONLY way--to get people to use the ChemiCompiler is to ditch Brainfuck. Ever since the dawn of Chem Groups, there's been zero reason to use the thing unless you are a traitor. And even then, there are faster, better and less tedious ways to get chemicals into people.

I was thinking the ChemiCompiler should be reworked to be part of MechComp. You could set up a Compiler in Medbay and set it up to produce a steady drip of Styptic Powder or whatever from an internal reservoir. Or put one in the bar to produce Antihol, or one in Mining to produce Potassium Iodide, etc. Maybe you'd have to load it with chemicals first before it could begin, but after that it would just run on its own.

Don't really see a downside since no one ever goes to Chem to get stuff made for them anyway. It'd give MechComp something to do besides teleport networks and fucking up the station. And you could do lots of traitor stuff with it.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing it return back to its home in debris. I've always loved the dang thing, but it's not worth the TC given how it's only marginally better at traitor schemes than a backpack full of large beaker igniter assemblies; especially since the smoke nerf.