Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expand Geoff's Inventory
The Novelty Clothing Crate is a bit expensive for what it is, not to mention it requires someone with QM Console access who is willing to use the budget to order it. Many players, myself included, like to employ gimmicks during our antag rounds and costumes are a great way to elevate them. Perhaps we could add more costume selection to Geoff's inventory to enable shenanigans like...
  • A traitor Detective masquerading as gunslinger/cowboy, channeling their inner Clint Eastwood. 
  • A Clown and his gang of mindslaved crewmembers forced to dress as clowns and terrorize the station with their "pranks".
(10-30-2018, 12:43 PM)SimianC Wrote: The Novelty Clothing Crate is a bit expensive for what it is, not to mention it requires someone with QM Console access who is willing to use the budget to order it. Many players, myself included, like to employ gimmicks during our antag rounds and costumes are a great way to elevate them. Perhaps we could add more costume selection to Geoff's inventory to enable shenanigans like...
  • A traitor Detective masquerading as gunslinger/cowboy, channeling their inner Clint Eastwood. 
  • A Clown and his gang of mindslaved crewmembers forced to dress as clowns and terrorize the station with their "pranks".

Geoff already sells clown costumes though.
(10-30-2018, 12:49 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Geoff already sells clown costumes though.

True, but he only sells the red variant I believe? Multiple clowns of different shades, now that's true terror.
(10-30-2018, 12:55 PM)SimianC Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 12:49 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Geoff already sells clown costumes though.

True, but he only sells the red variant I believe? Multiple clowns of different shades, now that's true terror.

Wouldn't that lose the point of the spacebux reward and the crate in the debris field? (If it's still there)
(10-30-2018, 01:22 PM)MeWaka Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 12:55 PM)SimianC Wrote:

Wouldn't that lose the point of the spacebux reward and the crate in the debris field? (If it's still there)

I would argue that it wouldn't since you'd still be paying for the costume. In contrast, the costume in the debris field is relatively easy to obtain, yet it still doesn't devalue the spacebux reward in my opinion. 

I'm not only suggesting expanding the clown suit options for Geoff, but adding costume sets that are more difficult to get a hold of or require ordering multiple novelty clothing/haberdasher crates for the desired pieces (cowboys, vikings, samurai, fictional plumbers, etc.)
(10-30-2018, 12:43 PM)SimianC Wrote:

You can buy cowboy outfits (among other costumes), various neat hats, and more from traders in the debris field.
Geoff has a pretty good inventory of costumes and I don't think it'd be great to overextend and make our friends in the debris field useless.
(10-31-2018, 01:16 PM)ChrisOniell69 Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 12:43 PM)SimianC Wrote:

You can buy cowboy outfits (among other costumes), various neat hats, and more from traders in the debris field.
Geoff has a pretty good inventory of costumes and I don't think it'd be great to overextend and make our friends in the debris field useless.

A lot of debris field merchants don't exist on Oshan. Maybe give all of the missing merchant's items to Geoff on Oshan.