Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
more wraiths please
we don't have enough wraiths around can we pretty please have some more?

maybe they could show up if there are a lot of corpses around
Werewolves show up during Full Moons, right?

How about Wraiths show up more during New Moons?
Wraiths are kind of unfun to deal with honestly. It's either hope they're really dumb or gib yourself just to spite it.
Wraiths are at a good spot right now.

They're rare enough that people don't get sick of them but not so rare as to be forgotten.
Ok fix wraiths so they can be fun to fight bam

Or have them be the "times up" ghost
make ghostbusters midi music play constantly in the vicinity of the wraith to alert crew to the immediate danger
Wraith is only fun for the person playing as the wraith.

For everyone else they're just a massive annoyance that will eventually kill you by testing your patience whether you're dealing with trying to salt the station and the tedium involved with that or trying ot just not be tickled to death by some living suture string.
Why was salt scuffing implemented anyway?
I dislike salt scuffing, but understand it. Otherwise you could just block off entire areas indefinitely.

Wraiths are only manageable if you have a motivated individual with a nerd level of moderate or above. IIRC, giving a ghost eye to someone with a laser makes them somewhat trivial.

Like many things on our great station, wraith is balanced by player apathy. Whether it needs a boost or not depends entirely on who is playing.
(04-08-2018, 07:55 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Why was salt scuffing implemented anyway?

To frustrate the sole crewman laying down salt piles until they decide to give up. At the very least, walking should completely remove the chance to salt scuff.

I dislike Wraith for many of the same reasons expressed in the thread. Fighting wraiths relies on either having a Chaplain aboard or having Scientists who are willing to mass produce salt. Unless they're face-to-face with a living scalpel, the crew are generally apathetic to the presence of a wraith on station; recruiting crew members to pile salt and convincing everyone to walk is difficult.
(04-07-2018, 08:49 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: They're rare enough that people don't get sick of them but not so rare as to be forgotten.

I disagree. Seeing them once a month and only getting to play as one once a year outside of Admin gifts is nothing but a bad thing. They can be rare but they should be slightly more common. The only reason they are so rare is because they want them to be in rounds where there are more than one antag. I think Wraiths can work on their own with no other antags. I've been in rounds where no antags did anything and I was still able to have fun. Just had to think differently, use my insane movement skills while using haunt and be patience and let the crew kill themselves. Most of the time I die as a wraith due to my own mistakes.

The Crew for sure needs more ways to fight them and even if walking over salt is annoying I still get hit by salt all the time due to my own carelessness. Maybe leave some items in small numbers in the chapel that can disrupt Wraiths spells by clicking on them.
Say a possessed locker is coming at you but you have the holy cross or something and are able to hit the locker and return it to normal. Give it ammo or a few charges that require a cooldown, or even a Area of effect that drains it completely that takes out the small items and a chance of forcing the wraith to become physical if it's caught in the AOE. Oh and anyone can use it as well. OR holy frag grenades where if you are hit you go into haunt mode and the crew can then chase the wraith.

It's a shame cause I feel Wraiths are the coolest antag mode we got and they are hidden away for what I feel are very poor reasons.

(04-08-2018, 10:15 AM)SimianC Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 07:55 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Why was salt scuffing implemented anyway?

To frustrate the sole crewman laying down salt piles until they decide to give up. At the very least, walking should completely remove the chance to salt scuff.

If you ask me walking or having help intent on should not scuff salt. Half the crew runs around without help intent on anyways so it would be balanced.
IMO I would appreciate the wraith being more common when/if it gets tweaked, or as reason for it to be tweaked, because even playing as one I felt sort of. . odd and ineffectual. Insufficiently spooky.