Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item VRifier
A fancy crate-like object restricted to the arcade able to duplicate to VR everything inside it. It would make fighting in the VR gauntlet actually possible alone, along with other things. Maybe some things should be restricted, like metal, to prevent a dick building walls in VR, or toolboxes. Want to test out your fancy new revolver? Stick it in VR and test it without fear of losing ammo!
I said this earlier in game, but explosives should probably be prevented as well, in case the VR isn't explosive proof, cause if the VR zone gets depressurized, it'll suck cause there's no space suits. Unless you VRify those too I guess.

Also, there's not much harm in allowing basically everything to be put in VR, cause it's just VR. Maybe the critterdome should have some restrictions actually though, depending on how many people there are? If it's just one, allow you to take in more weapons, if its a full party, no extra gear. Same for thunderdome.

Also maybe make the critterdome give you more equipment the less people you have because how the fuck do the energy gun rechargers work anyway.

tl;dr good idea yes do it
The general idea sounds pretty cool, but in regards to the Critter Gauntlet: the difficulty scales with the number of players, iirc, so while it may be easier with a couple of people rather than one (mainly just being able to drag downed teammates, and the fact that it's not a completely proportional scaling), playing alone is still completely doable (though less fun), and more gear really doesn't seem that necessary (though this may just be my opinion). 

Maybe have some sort of whitelist for what you can put in? And if this does become a thing, will putting an item into VR allow it to be stealable out of VR (could you simply take it out of that crate-lile object, or would there be some sort of preventative measure)? And if so, how will that affect the VR item's status?