Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Winter Gear to the Sew-o-Matic
Hobo spacesuits are one of my favorite things to put together at the start of a round and a personal passion of mine. They look stylish and let you move faster than a normal spacesuit if you're willing to gather the pieces to put one together.

My idea is to add a comfortable and stylish winter hat and jacket to the Sew-o-Matic which is criminally underused by the crew. The winter hat would be something like an ushanka and would provide 20% cold resist but not much heat resist. This eliminates the need for the santa hat when building a hobo spacesuit, which has only one spawn on the station and is basically just a reskinned spacesuit helmet anyways. The winter coat would just give you another place to pick up a winter coat as a role without access to one without ordering the entire crate from qm, which is more suited for a hull breach situation.
(03-06-2017, 04:05 AM)Sergeant_Crunch Wrote: Hobo spacesuits are one of my favorite things to put together at the start of a round and a personal passion of mine. They look stylish and let you move faster than a normal spacesuit if you're willing to gather the pieces to put one together.

My idea is to add a comfortable and stylish winter hat and jacket to the Sew-o-Matic which is criminally underused by the crew. The winter hat would be something like an ushanka and would provide 20% cold resist but not much heat resist. This eliminates the need for the santa hat when building a hobo spacesuit, which has only one spawn on the station and is basically just a reskinned spacesuit helmet anyways. The winter coat would just give you another place to pick up a winter coat as a role without access to one without ordering the entire crate from qm, which is more suited for a hull breach situation.

coats got nerfed so no more hobo spacesuit

unless of course there is still a optimal set of clothes that give 100% cold protection
Arguably even more of a reason to add them to the sew-o-matic if they're not Broken:tm: anymore
(03-06-2017, 04:19 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 04:05 AM)Sergeant_Crunch Wrote: Hobo spacesuits are one of my favorite things to put together at the start of a round and a personal passion of mine. They look stylish and let you move faster than a normal spacesuit if you're willing to gather the pieces to put one together.

coats got nerfed so no more hobo spacesuit

unless of course there is still a optimal set of clothes that give 100% cold protection
You can get 100% if you stack resists well enough. Winter coat, santa hat, boxing gloves, and fuzzy slippers with items in all other slots just barely gets you to 100. DM robe is also really warm.