Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Highlight String: Spaces break strings
Not sure if working_as_intended, but spaces don't work with string highlights. I remember them working before, I think?

I like to have 'is hit' highlighted, because I play without my glasses, because I'm old and don't want to admit it, because shut up you whipper snapper Argh!, -

but I'm now relegated to 'hit', which means sHITty bill (etc) is always highlighted. frown
could be related to the html encoding issues we have been having
This is how it's always been for me, since I have "AI" as a highlight and that gets hit a lot
(03-01-2017, 12:10 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: This is how it's always been for me, since I have "AI" as a highlight and that gets hit a lot

Have you tried setting the highlight to "AI with one set of quotes? Helps me a lot since most AI requests start with "AI, and it filters out anyone whining about their traits or gloating at someone's failure.

Bonus points for adding "eee and door to the highlight. Gets em every time.

Would be nice if there was a way to highlight whenever AI is said without having to resort to clever punctuation hacks. Like, it could highlight if the letters AI are surrounded by non-alphanumeric characters, to highlight things like "Turn the lights back on, AI!" or "Why is the AI kicking me?"
It'd be neat if it accepted regex, but I've never asked for that because it sounds like a good way to get a coder to ram a pitchfork up me arse.

My particular problem primarily laid in my inability to set the string 'is hit', because people love saying shit. I just didn't realize how much. No seriously, we say shit a lot.

Poo never left; it's inside us all.
I will look into improving the highlight functionality soon (probably this weekend).

Allowing regex is actually probably pretty feasible, although I'm basing this off a hunch without looking at any code so I may take that back in time.