Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wraith's past lives
gonna bump this and give a summary: basically have a wraith able to do a thing so when the selected person dies theres a chance they become a monster based on the highest damage type they had upon death.

OR, have it just be a reallllly low random chance
Or, have it so that the Wraith has an ability to select a ghost at random, and the highest damage at the time of death for that ghost creates it.
The monster would be corporeal all the time, right?
I am all for this especially as a way to get more Wraiths on board. If we're gonna do this though we need to give wraiths more weaknesses, especially if it could be related to their past life. like being on a cold tile would fuck up a fire wraith etc

edit: lol I already approved this idea but seriously we need more wraiths and weaknesses salt is bullshit
(01-02-2017, 11:26 AM)poland spring Wrote: I am all for this especially as a way to get more Wraiths on board.  If we're gonna do this though we need to give wraiths more weaknesses, especially if it could be related to their past life.  like being on a cold tile would fuck up a fire wraith etc

edit: lol I already approved this idea but seriously we need more wraiths and weaknesses salt is bullshit

Perhaps items splashed with holy water should be capable of damaging the wraith.

E.g Detective starts mass producing bullets, then dunking them in holy water for bullets that will burn holes in the wraith.

Stun batons dunked in holy water.

For the most over the top one, boxing gloves dipped in holy water let you punch the wraith with a cool effect.

Holy water is fairly easy to make, and being able to splash a toolbox with holy water to turn it into a wraith fighting weapon seems like a fairly easy way to encourage the crew to fight the wraith head on.

That or weapons forged from soulsteel.
Maybe weapons forged from soulsteel force the wraith into them for a limited time, except the wraith can't attack, only move, thus allowing people to move the temporary wraith prison to some sort of salt arena-- y'know what this idea was a lot better before I thought through its consequences, never mind
I think there should be a separate thread for antiwraith measures, cause that's something that could be discussed at length
The soulsteel locker sucks in Axqlaxal the Tormentor and slams shut!
I approve of the idea of deaths having a random chance to produce a wraith. Wraith is far to rare and antagonist for all the interesting shit it does.

This should have some sane restraints though. It can't happen if someone commits suicide. When the random chance hits, the dead person is given a pop-up window asking if they want to be a wraith or not. If they accept, then their body dissapears into black smoke. If they decline, then the next person to die of natural causes will be asked if they want to be a wraith, and so on.