Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Delayed traitor activation
Traitors often spawn alone in a room with their department mate, and coupled with roundstart lag, this often gives anyone who chooses to choke out their colleague right as the round starts a massive advantage - not only will the victim be unable to fight back, you'll most likely be able to carry out the murder before the AI/sec is capable of noticing and organizing a response. It's not very fun dying in the 0th minute of the round.

Suggestion: have traitors 'activated' one or two minutes after roundstart. Should be short enough not to significantly delay any complex plans the traitor has, but it gives the crew a bit of time to get into the swing of things, and by then everyone is on a slightly more even playing field. Would also slightly reduce the number of people who suicide immediately after roundstart (though granted they'll probably just suicide a little later.)

Lest someone go 'kneejerk thread, lock dis' I should clarify that this hasn't happened to me anytime recently, I just thought of the idea after seeing it happen earlier today and some other people liked it.
I've literally never witnessed instantaneous traitor murder, either in being the victim or perpetrator. I can recognize it as a problem, just not a huge one.
(02-21-2016, 09:25 AM)Mageziya Wrote: I've literally never witnessed instantaneous traitor murder, either in being the victim or perpetrator. I can recognize it as a problem, just not a huge one.

I agree, most murders take place after everyone has run about their business and are more separated from the starting group. Most of the time the antag has to run off to get their equipment, and both the vampire and changeling need to wait for their cooldowns to run out before they can use their powers.
I've only had it happen to me once, as a mechanic. Choked into a disposal chute and eaten. It's the reason the first thing I do every round is run off and get a hat, you know, instead of that being the second thing I do.
this used to be really fun on cogmap1 if you spawned as a geneticist traitor

just buckle, choke, and reclaim

all in under a minute
(02-21-2016, 09:25 AM)Mageziya Wrote: I've literally never witnessed instantaneous traitor murder, either in being the victim or perpetrator. I can recognize it as a problem, just not a huge one.

Same here in all my years of playing I've never seen this happen and this is coming from a guy who starts killing as fast as he can when he get antag. Takes up to 15 mins for me to get prepared and to make a half baked plan on what I want to do.
That's really weird you guys never came across it. It used to be trivially easy for changelings, and seemed to happen quite a lot in mining.
It's happened a few times to me. Hell one time I had a guy walk in on it and just NOPE'D out and it wasn't till the 30 minutes in that my body was discovered.
Also just adding that even though I've never had it done to me or done it myself (I think? I hope not anyways) I mean killing the person I spawned next to.

I think this is a good idea cause antag fishers annoys the shit out of me. They are still common as I talked with a guy last night in deadchat who told me he killed himself when I let him go cause he only joined to see if he was a antag and was not so he decided to kill himself. It's not that much of a big deal in small numbers and I know there are times people start a round and something comes up and they have to leave asap. But seeing a person openly admit to it really annoys me. Not really sure why but it's just a really lame thing to do in my opinion.
Now that I think about it. This would not stop antag fishing at all and would not stop them from killing themselves. They would just wait two mins and then suicide. This would not really help anything. So I change my opinion I remain neutral to this idea