Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
reverse borging artifact
an artifact that upon touch would turn a cyborg into a human in the same way an artifact would turn a human into a cyborg
Mr Meaty's Meating Machine
Humans attempting to stop borgs from dragging around borging artifacts to create borgs.

Borgs attempting to hinder humans dragging around humanizing artifacts to create humans.

I like this idea.
Turnabout is fair play, etc. I like this idea a lot. I think it should show up primarily in uh... the purple wizard-themed big artifacts or the martian lump artifacts. Magic or weird gross space meat seems reasonable for this kind of thing.
(02-18-2016, 10:24 PM)Grifflez Wrote: Humans attempting to stop borgs from dragging around borging artifacts to create borgs.

Borgs attempting to hinder humans dragging around humanizing artifacts to create humans.

I like this idea.

I thought borging counted as murder.  Although I'd lol if I saw a borg dragging around an un-borging artifact yelling "Touch the artifact my brothers!  Be free!"
Borging artifacts only work when a human actively touches them, so it falls more or less under the inaction clause (or lack thereof, to be precise). Stuff like bolting a guy in a room/out in space and telling him his only option is to touch it is a no-no, and stuff like telling a guy it's a superpower artifact or something might be kinda frowned upon, but otherwise I've never seen any borg get in trouble with the admins for just dragging a borging artifact around and waiting for/hinting people should touch it (with a properly worded disclaimer). Of course, the other players in the round are free to violently disagree.
remove borgs
(02-19-2016, 10:38 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: remove borgs

remove YOU
(02-19-2016, 08:32 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 10:38 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: remove borgs

remove YOU

Remove SS13
What happens when an AI borg touches the artifact?
(02-20-2016, 02:46 PM)locusts Wrote: What happens when an AI borg touches the artifact?

Human shells.
(02-19-2016, 09:39 AM)Roomba Wrote: Borging artifacts only work when a human actively touches them, so it falls more or less under the inaction clause (or lack thereof, to be precise). Stuff like bolting a guy in a room/out in space and telling him his only option is to touch it is a no-no, and stuff like telling a guy it's a superpower artifact or something might be kinda frowned upon, but otherwise I've never seen any borg get in trouble with the admins for just dragging a borging artifact around and waiting for/hinting people should touch it (with a properly worded disclaimer). Of course, the other players in the round are free to violently disagree.

Fartbot drags suspicious looking artifact toward human.
Fartbot: Human, do not touch this.
Human touches the artifact.
Fartbot screams!
Fartbotv2 is created.
this would risk being a bit of a gift to any traitors with "destroy all cyborgs" objective, but i guess lots of artifacts and events and circumstances can swing things wildly like that. i approve of a greater variety of artifacts in general. why stop with reverse borging, there could be monkeyfying, lizardifying, martianifying
(02-21-2016, 11:27 PM)misto Wrote: i approve of a greater variety of artifacts in general. why stop with reverse borging, there could be monkeyfying, lizardifying, martianifying

Please this. Artifacts like this would be amazing to have around every now and then.