Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monkey Mastery
Have you ever wanted to be a Necromancer in Space Station 13?

Well, too bad. But, what's the closest thing to skeletons?

Monkeys.

Monkeys are pretty strong in SS13, especially since they got a more hostile AI. Wouldn't you like to harness the power of these angry, spiteful creatures? Well, now you can with a device created by the Syndicate used to mind control these beasts to do your bidding. Be careful though, they are known to turn on their handlers if they get too hungry.

Monkey Mind Control Device

Pros:
Harness the power of as many monkeys as you want
Use them to protect yourself from potential attackers
Arm them with weapons and use them to battle foes
Amass an army of small, angry, men

Cons:
Monkeys are dumb, they may end up fighting each each other sometimes
They get hungry. If they're hungry, they get angry. Suppress their rage with bananas
The more monkeys you have, the angrier and hungrier they get

Of course, the mind control will apply to player controlled monkeys too, which affect them like a mind-slave implant, you can keep them mind controlled using bananas too.

(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote:
No?

(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Well, too bad. But, what's the closest thing to skeletons?
I dunno?
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkeys.
Okay?
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkeys are pretty strong in SS13, especially since they got a more hostile AI. Wouldn't you like to harness the power of these angry, spiteful creatures? Well, now you can with a device created by the Syndicate used to mind control these beasts to do your bidding. Be careful though, they are known to turn on their handlers if they get too hungry.
Uh
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkey Mind Control Device

Pros:

Cons:
They get hungry. If they're hungry, they get angry. Suppress their rage with bananas

Of course, the mind control will apply to player controlled monkeys too, which affect them like a mind-slave implant, you can keep them mind controlled using bananas too.

I don't see how this could be made to work properly
Personally, I'd love to see operant conditioning added to monkey behavior. Train em to do shit through reinforcement.
I love this thread already.
(02-18-2016, 12:42 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote:
No?

(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Well, too bad. But, what's the closest thing to skeletons?
I dunno?
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkeys.
Okay?
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkeys are pretty strong in SS13, especially since they got a more hostile AI. Wouldn't you like to harness the power of these angry, spiteful creatures? Well, now you can with a device created by the Syndicate used to mind control these beasts to do your bidding. Be careful though, they are known to turn on their handlers if they get too hungry.
Uh
(02-18-2016, 12:12 AM)kinkyspacehobo Wrote: Monkey Mind Control Device

Pros:

Cons:

I don't see how this could be made to work properly

speak for yourself, this sounds fucking amazing
(02-18-2016, 01:04 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Personally, I'd love to see operant conditioning added to monkey behavior. Train em to do shit through reinforcement.

Training them to eat bananas would be cool. Set up a stage and then they can puke out banana vomit for the audience.
(02-18-2016, 01:08 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: I love this thread already.

+1 get in not go out
(02-18-2016, 01:09 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: speak for yourself
I always do
Unleash the dark secrets of monkeymancy
I don't think many would dislike this idea. It's rather beautiful.

How would it be implemented, though? Similar to guardscript? Could you point out targets? Depending on the level of it, I love the idea of critter control in general.
Yeah, I think the way it should be is that the monkeys defend you from attackers, and they attack the person you attack.
Yes to Pavlov's Banana
100 potency bananas. Monkeys never get hungry.
(02-18-2016, 04:17 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Unleash the dark secrets of monkeymancy

Could we teach them to juggle?