Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulated gloves shouldn't negate power glove damage
Basically that. I understand that power gloves need some balance so that an engineer traitor can't instakill anybody that gets close. But I think they should still do some amount of damage to people wearing insulated gloves. Right now it does zero damage, which doesn't make any sense. Why would wearing a pair of insulated gloves prevent your whole body from being hurt by a bolt of electricity getting shot at you? The power gloves are too awesome of a traitor item to be completely canceled out by a pair of gloves.
Was this changed? I could have sworn they did damage to people with insulated gloves. Just less.

Then again, maybe it doesn't matter at several TWs.
A couple months back I was wearing insulated gloves as a HoS and was trying to stop a power glove traitor. He rounded the corner and hit me with his power gloves and I gibbed. Power gloves are only that strong if the engine has been set up that way as Power gloves are directly linked to the engine. That is assuming none of this has been changed and I don't think it has.
I had a hellburn going, and the engine wasn't at TW yet, but it was at GW levels and people who weren't wearing insulated gloves were getting gibbed and blasted out of their shoes. But people who had insulated gloves on were definitely taking zero damage.
As someone who regularly cranks the engine into the TW range, I can say without a doubt that power gloves do 0 damage to people with insulated gloves even at high output. I mentioned this in the traitor item thread, but they should at least be as damaging as the arc flashes are. It seems really strange to me that arc flashes do a fair amount of damage to people with insulated gloves yet power gloves do nothing. I've been laughed at more than once for trying to shock people with insulated gloves while they tase me and take them away.
Well then I stand corrected and I agree then it's pretty dumb.
Perhaps instead of being vaporized, said insulated-gloves could be knocked off and the wearer stunned and knocked down.
That would be a better alternative than either them not working or them working.