Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings get reagents from absorbees
Changelings should absorb reagents from the target they drain the DNA of, as well as leftover sting chems from other lings. If a ling drains a passed out crewmember with ketamine in them from another ling, they should fall asleep too. This would prevent chain stinging from multiple changelings making for a really boring round, and make the lings think before they absorb pubbiemcunstablemutagen.
sartorius Wrote:Changelings should absorb reagents from the target they drain the DNA of, as well as leftover sting chems from other lings. If a ling drains a passed out crewmember with ketamine in them from another ling, they should fall asleep too. This would prevent chain stinging from multiple changelings making for a really boring round, and make the lings think before they absorb pubbiemcunstablemutagen.

I doubt it would really help in slowing down a changeling's chain stinging, since any good changeling would then just scan their targets before absorbing them.

The dude you just stung is full of nasty poison? Just choke him to death and throw him the pile of corpses waiting for the poisons to decay.

Also, would the changeling be affected by his own neurotoxin when he absorbs a dude ?

However, I do believe that would be an interesting idea otherwise.

(Changeling stings inject 50 units of neurotoxins, by the way)
This has been suggested numerous times and gets shot down every time. There's no reason for it. Lings fill people with death chems and would absorb them. Even if immune, it's still just pointless.
I dunno, seeing a changeling walking away drunk or full of cat drugs would be amusing.
filling an injector belt with poison could be pretty cool since there's a chance you'll either kill a changeling or fuck yourself over when someone hits you
Winklabom Wrote:
sartorius Wrote:Changelings should absorb reagents from the target they drain the DNA of, as well as leftover sting chems from other lings. If a ling drains a passed out crewmember with ketamine in them from another ling, they should fall asleep too. This would prevent chain stinging from multiple changelings making for a really boring round, and make the lings think before they absorb pubbiemcunstablemutagen.

I doubt it would really help in slowing down a changeling's chain stinging, since any good changeling would then just scan their targets before absorbing them.

The dude you just stung is full of nasty poison? Just choke him to death and throw him the pile of corpses waiting for the poisons to decay.

Also, would the changeling be affected by his own neurotoxin when he absorbs a dude ?

However, I do believe that would be an interesting idea otherwise.

(Changeling stings inject 50 units of neurotoxins, by the way)
Chemicals in dead people don't decay, so they'd have to manually remove the chemicals with a syringe...

...or an IV drip, which makes the process of manual detoxification considerably easier.
I'm going to have to veto this idea. It just seems like an unnecessary nerf, and ling cooperation is, in my experience, rather rare.

Not only does this punish lings who manage to work together without accidentally eating each other, it slows them down, too. Lings already have problems with eating the 10 people required for success within the time frames often given.

Final note: This game rewards teamwork. Teamwork will always be overpowered.
Mageziya Wrote:Lings already have problems with eating the 10 people required for success within the time frames often given.
Ten monkeys can be eaten in a much shorter timespan. Doesn't have to be people.
There doesn't need to be even less reason for changelings to actually interact with people.
I like this idea. Changeling can ingest reagents by eating, but are unaffected by chems absorbed directly via proboscis? That makes no sense.

But might have to be toned down a little by making reagents become diluted or filtered by the absorption process. That way a changeling just needs to keep in mind that all those chemicals he's absorbing might eventually affect him.

Stasis and Regenerate could purge chems from the changeling's system really quickly to counteract this (maybe they already do?), or another ability could be added just for this purpose. Maybe even make it so that the changeling can just *pee and that will purge lots of the reagent from his body (but the pee can be scanned for weird stuff which would give him away).
What if the changeling stored whatever chems they absorb this way into some kind of fluid sac, and their next spit attack carried those chems with it?
Frank_Stein Wrote:What if the changeling stored whatever chems they absorb this way into some kind of fluid sac, and their next spit attack carried those chems with it?
Or what if the changeling could do this with reagents normally?
Oh dear God please no!

The last thing we need are initro/ClF3/Phlogiston spitting changelings.
Winklabom Wrote:Oh dear God please no!

The last thing we need are initro/ClF3/Phlogiston spitting changelings.

This ^