Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propuffs et al not working right?
So on two different nights, on two different servers, I have smoked up assorted X-infused cigarettes and checked on myself with reagent scanners. Occasionally, I'd find .333 units of nicotine and the X chemical in my system, and they'd immediately go away. Several special effect-having chemicals never built up enough in my system to do anything.

It's impossible to smoke a propuff enough to get the relevant chemical to extract from your bloodstream, and this is mildly annoying.
Most chems tend to work on a per-decay basis. I think any amount will allow for a single cycle's benefit, no matter how small. An omnizine cig brought me from near crit to full health lately, and it lasted a while. They seem to be working fine.

As for the chems, have you ever tried crushing them into a glass? Propuffs account for half of my cocktails.
When you glasscrush one, you get maybe 1.3 of the chem. I could have sworn that awhile ago, propuffs would actually build up in your system enough that you could make a monkey smoke to actually harvest the chemicals in it.
I'm pretty sure that's just how pro puffs work - they put only a very small amount of the chem into your bloodstream every cycle, enough that the effect stays active but not enough for a large amount of the chem to build up in the bloodstream.
But since it used to, as mentioned, put enough of the chemical into the bloodstream to be feasibly removable from the person smoking the cigarette, is this an intentional change in how laced cigarettes work or did something get broken?