Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More laboratory apparatus for chemistry!
Chemistry itself is great, but it could be made a lot cooler by adding more machines into the process, which in it's turn could add even more dangerous, and fun chemicals for daring chemists, i've included a list of !!cool!! machines that could be used.
  • Ectoplasmic Distiller, Extra-dimensional ghosts and ghostly things!
  • Pressure Vessel, allows for high pressure reactions, imagine what happens when this thing blows up!
  • Radioactive chamber, allows you to throw a whole lot of radioactivity towards the chemicals!
  • Cryogenic Cooler, allows for EXTREME freezing! Imaging being able to create your own dry ice and stuffing those into bottles.

tl;dr -- more chemistry machines could make chemistry a lot cooler.
Might be kinda wasteful but it would be funny if putting lots of heated charcoal inside the pressure thing made diamonds possible. With diamond quality being from terrible to rarely high quality.
Addendum to my silly DIY DIAMOND suggestion, adding reagents can give it special colors. e.g adding blood to make literal blood diamonds.
Ectoplasmic Distiller could be found in some dark creepy old lab somewhere deep in the station instead of it being in the lab.
I like this idea. It seems like a nice touch of flavor and fun mechanics in addition to the raw chem.