Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plasma in pods = instant death.
What happened: If you put a plasma tank in the oxygen tank slot of a pod, anyone who boards without internals will instantly go into crit and die before they get back up.
What should have happened: If you get in a pod with plasma instead of air, that should kill you as fast as a room with 100% plasma does.
Technically, it does. Having recent experience with breath code I can safely say this is the currently expected behaviour, you just never have been in a room that was 100% plasma before.

The question is what we should do about this. Cap it? Name it a feature?
it sounds like an awesome way to booby-trap pods, a feature to me
It sounds like a fun feature. Plus how often do people enter pods without internals anyway?
Feature, probably. An important reason to use internals in a pod, too.
This was me. Actually the OP was the first person I killed with this method. I should note that I actually filled plasma tanks with 100 percent plasma. This was working as intended in my opinion. The nearly exact same thing happens when you take an oxygen tank, empty it, and fill it with plasma... something I also do.
I go into pods all the time without internals.

I dunno, straight into crit seems kinda powerful for something that is relatively easy to do, even if it's rarely done.

On the otherhand, I'd love to see more pod booby traps. Attaching bombs to the engine and what not.
I suppose it's a feature, perhaps could be changed later on? I dunno I'm just cleaning this forum.